Re: That damaged panorama

  • gregoryarbit
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2012
      Hi Roger,
      Just for practice I fix chair as well.For more realistic look I added

      shadow.I used the patch input feature in Pano2Vr.
      This is the link:
      https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6109660/_IGP4059-HDR%283%29%20Panorama_chair.jpg

      Thank you for sharing, I will definitely try this HDR software.
      Gregory

      > I've decided to post a link to that panorama I carelessly spoiled by
      > allowing the
      > fisheye zoom ratio to change.
      >
      > I did take a zenith, but there was nowhere at all that it touched any of
      > the other
      > photos, so although I could put it roughly in place because I knew where
      > the
      > chandelier was, I gave up on that.
      >
      > The nadir was my first using the Nodal Ninja nadir bracket, and I didn't
      > realise
      > you really need to take two nadirs with it. The result was I had to do some
      > pretty heavy cloning. If there were a Nobel prize for cloning I'd be a
      > candidate
      > I'm sure.
      >
      > One thing defeated me, though. There was a chair with a missing leg, so if
      > any
      > PhotoShop experts can suggest how I might use the visible leg to fudge the
      > invisible one, I'd be grateful.
      >
      > Why do I show such a defective panorama? Well, I do believe it shows what a
      > simple "default" process using SNS-HDR (Home) can do with a rather wide
      > range of ambient lighting. And as a terrible warning of what can happen
      > when
      > you use a zoom fisheye. I am sure I could easily tweak it to look better
      > but
      > I've already spent too much time on this...
      >
      > At least I seem to have got the NPP right. Otherwise there's far too little
      > overlap to have allowed for successful stitching.
      >
      > I am really, really getting to like this lens! Here's the link... would
      > welcome
      > any comments.
      >
      > Roger
      >
      > https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygfsf2idjhynk2s/_IGP4059-HDR%283%29%20Panorama.jpg
      >
      > --
      > Business: www.adex-japan.com
      > Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      > Panorama: Rogerama at photosynth.net

    • Roger D Williams
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2012
        Thank you very much, Gregory. You must be a real wizard with graphics... I have idea how to do something that looks this good!

        Roger W.

        Sent from my iPad

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2012
          Am 03.08.2012 02:43, schrieb Roger D Williams:
          > Yes, this ghosting in HDR processing is the reason I usually try to
          > get away with pseudo HDR from a single RAW image, which is often
          > viable now that noise levels are so much lower and underexposed areas
          > can be brought up into the light without looking awful. That woman
          > sir, is my wife! (grin)

          You can either use a non-merged image for the face (just remap the one
          image, paste it as layer in photoshop and paint a mask). Or - if this
          doesn't work out due to different contrast - do a pseudo HDR just of the
          one image. I do this often if I can't successfully align handheld
          bracketed shots.

        • Roger D Williams
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2012
            Aha! Good idea. Thanks... I'll try that. I ran into the problem of wrong contrast, etc., when I tried pasting in one of the set of images but I didn't think of using pseudo HDR to get it closer to what was needed.

            Roger W.

            Sent from my iPad