Re: 360 Stitching for 3D Animation: Stitched Panorama Seems Are Looking

  • Jan Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2012
      Hi Chris,

      it's an artifact caused by the seam optimization of enblend.
      Try '--no-optimize' as an option for enblend to avoid it.

      Jan

    • ultrun
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2012
        RESOLVED:

        Thanks all for the excellent feedback!

        I feel silly now as I realized that the Blender add-on that renders fisheye images uses nona (!!!) to combine multiple images into one fisheye.
        https://github.com/Benni-chan/Blender-Fulldome-Addon

        I figured out how to tweak it a touch to output equiangular images, and it was already ready to produce the 6 images needed to piece together a full 360 equiangular panorama. I forked the above project and will share my results with a less hacky solution when time allows. The output is MUCH cleaner and sharp now:
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/8139783@N08/7704134850/in/photostream/lightbox/

        I'm a happy guy.

        Thanks all,

        Chris
      • Jim Watters
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2012
          Chris,
          Glad you figured it out. I was sure it should be simple but but do not know
          Blender to add tell you how to do it.

          Jim

          On 2012-08-03 10:23 AM, ultrun wrote:
          > RESOLVED:
          >
          > Thanks all for the excellent feedback!
          >
          > I feel silly now as I realized that the Blender add-on that renders fisheye images uses nona (!!!) to combine multiple images into one fisheye.
          > https://github.com/Benni-chan/Blender-Fulldome-Addon
          >
          > I figured out how to tweak it a touch to output equiangular images, and it was already ready to produce the 6 images needed to piece together a full 360 equiangular panorama. I forked the above project and will share my results with a less hacky solution when time allows. The output is MUCH cleaner and sharp now:
          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/8139783@N08/7704134850/in/photostream/lightbox/
          >
          > I'm a happy guy.
          >
          > Thanks all,
          >
          > Chris