Re: 360 Stitching for 3D Animation: Stitched Panorama Seems Are Looking

  • Roberto Gómez Torres
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2012

      Hello Chris,

      When you render 360º images on a 3D application there is no need to stich your output files.

      All you have to do is set your virtual panoramic camera in the center of the action or create a set of six virtual cameras rendering each a 90º projection forming all the 6 cube faces for the final frame image.

      I did animations like that some years ago using the trueSpace 3D software ( a free copy maybe still available on the web ).

      I am not very familiar with the latest release versions of Blender but I am sure at their forum they will tell you how to set the virtual cameras and their parameters.

      If your 3D software can output directly to equirectangular projection all you have to do is create the animated texture for your sphere object.

      If your 3D software allows to render each individual cube face all you need to do is convert the 6 cube faces to the Equirectangular projection for each animation frame and when all frames are ready just create the animated texture.

      No need to stitch your 3D images.

      Hope that helps and hope that makes sense.

      Best regards from Mexico City.

      Roberto.

      =====================

      Roberto Gómez Torres

      Tiempo Digital

      Mexico City, Mexico

      www.tiempo-digital.com

      =====================

    • Jan Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2012
        Hi Chris,

        it's an artifact caused by the seam optimization of enblend.
        Try '--no-optimize' as an option for enblend to avoid it.

        Jan

      • ultrun
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2012
          RESOLVED:

          Thanks all for the excellent feedback!

          I feel silly now as I realized that the Blender add-on that renders fisheye images uses nona (!!!) to combine multiple images into one fisheye.
          https://github.com/Benni-chan/Blender-Fulldome-Addon

          I figured out how to tweak it a touch to output equiangular images, and it was already ready to produce the 6 images needed to piece together a full 360 equiangular panorama. I forked the above project and will share my results with a less hacky solution when time allows. The output is MUCH cleaner and sharp now:
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/8139783@N08/7704134850/in/photostream/lightbox/

          I'm a happy guy.

          Thanks all,

          Chris
        • Jim Watters
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2012
            Chris,
            Glad you figured it out. I was sure it should be simple but but do not know
            Blender to add tell you how to do it.

            Jim

            On 2012-08-03 10:23 AM, ultrun wrote:
            > RESOLVED:
            >
            > Thanks all for the excellent feedback!
            >
            > I feel silly now as I realized that the Blender add-on that renders fisheye images uses nona (!!!) to combine multiple images into one fisheye.
            > https://github.com/Benni-chan/Blender-Fulldome-Addon
            >
            > I figured out how to tweak it a touch to output equiangular images, and it was already ready to produce the 6 images needed to piece together a full 360 equiangular panorama. I forked the above project and will share my results with a less hacky solution when time allows. The output is MUCH cleaner and sharp now:
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/8139783@N08/7704134850/in/photostream/lightbox/
            >
            > I'm a happy guy.
            >
            > Thanks all,
            >
            > Chris