Re: NEX7 question

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 2 10:29 AM
      Hey Dorin, it worked, the only thing left is to make a sexy looking way to attach the optical adio cable to IR remote and to the camera as well (in front to IR receiver of the camera of course)

      I used this kind of audio cable
      http://www.electronix.com/30ft-toslinktoslink-22mm-digital-audio-cable-p-19036.html

      the trick is to not remove the translucide parts from top.

      I'll be back when the attaching sollution is finished.

      cheers,
      Dorin

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Dorin@..." <Dorin@...> wrote:

      > Just curious, anyone tried to "extend" an IR remote with an optical audio
      > cable?
      > might work..
      >
      > cheers,
      > Dorin
      >
      > Monday, July 23, 2012, 7:16:20 PM, you wrote:
      >
      > > I don't think so. But it does have a hot shoe that you can put something like this in:
      >
      > > http://www.kleptography.com/rf/remote_lx5_640.jpg
      >
      > > I bent a piece of aluminum and bolted it to my pano head and glued
      > > a manual cable release to it. Works ok on my C3. Looks like crap.
      >
      > > I've asked Richard Franiec to think about making a manual cable
      > > release adapter for the NEX cameras. Maybe if enough people ask for one he will.
      >
      > > http://www.kleptography.com/rf/#camera_lx3
      >

      > > On 7/23/2012 8:53 AM, luca vascon wrote:
      > >> Anybody knows if it is possible to remote the camera? Even simply
      > >> triggering the shutter could be enough.
      > >> I'm so pissed off with nex5, epl1 and GF2. NO ONE has a wired remote.
      > >>

      > --
      > Best regards,
      > Dorin mailto:dorin@...

    • karelgil
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 2 1:10 PM
        For my 'lightweight' pano's I started with an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5 mm FE. And I did like that combo so much that I recently swapped the E-P1 for an E-M5 for some better IQ and more pixels.

        As a matter of fact I use this setup for 90% of my pano's now.

        Here is an example of the E-P1+Samyang : http://360vr.nl/WMSin/
        (shot in the autumn with a low sun)

        And here a recent one with the E-M5: http://360vr.nl/Gent/

        Karel

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik" <tived@...> wrote:

        > hi guys,
        >
        > i recently injured my back at work, and it isn't looking too good.
        >
        > i have uptill now been using Canon 1-series and L-lenses for my
        > photography, but its now too heavy if i want to persuit photography
        > and in particular pano's
        >

        > What are you guys using, whats working really well, i have been
        > wanting to get a robotic head, i have been shooting HDR panos so far.
        > And is there something like the promote that works with the mirrorless
        > system.
        >
        > Sorry if this has been covered before
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > Henrik

      • Thomas
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 2 1:36 PM
          The Samyang 7.5mm is the lightest high quality fisheye. As Karel's pictures show, it is a very sharp and clean lens, suitable for professional panography. With a good micro 4/3 camera you could not get a lighter rig.
          I myself use the Samyang 7.5 on a Sony NEX-5n, which is a tad heavier but has a bigger APS-C sensor and superb image quality. Here is a set of panos shot with that combination (handheld short pole, 4 around + nadir): http://tksharpless.net/FlashPanos/PAFASnaps.html
          The NEX cameras have no wired remote but the -5N model can be modified fairly easily. Here's how I 'hotwired' mine so I can use it on a pole with a normal radio remote http://tksharpless.net/gear/NEX-5N/hotwire.jpg.

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "karelgil" <karel@...> wrote:

          > For my 'lightweight' pano's I started with an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5 mm FE. And I did like that combo so much that I recently swapped the E-P1 for an E-M5 for some better IQ and more pixels.
          >
          > As a matter of fact I use this setup for 90% of my pano's now.
          >
          > Here is an example of the E-P1+Samyang : http://360vr.nl/WMSin/
          > (shot in the autumn with a low sun)
          >
          > And here a recent one with the E-M5: http://360vr.nl/Gent/
          >
          > Karel
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik" <tived@> wrote:
          > >

          > > hi guys,
          > >
          > > i recently injured my back at work, and it isn't looking too good.
          > >
          > > i have uptill now been using Canon 1-series and L-lenses for my
          > > photography, but its now too heavy if i want to persuit photography
          > > and in particular pano's
          > >

          > > What are you guys using, whats working really well, i have been
          > > wanting to get a robotic head, i have been shooting HDR panos so far.
          > > And is there something like the promote that works with the mirrorless
          > > system.
          > >
          > > Sorry if this has been covered before
          > >
          > > thanks
          > >
          > > Henrik

        • Henrik
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 3 8:11 PM

            Thanks very much, very good looking pano's both of them.

            I do more mosaic;s and HDR.... do you do any of this and do you use anything to go beyond the camera's ability to do bracketing, such as a Promote (i know this one is not compatible but similar products)

            thanks Henrik
            Henrik Tived

            [PanoToolsNG] Re: mirrorless for pano's?

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik" wrote:

            > hi guys,
            >
            > i recently injured my back at work, and it isn't looking too good.
            >
            > i have uptill now been using Canon 1-series and L-lenses for my
            > photography, but its now too heavy if i want to persuit photography
            > and in particular pano's
            >

            > What are you guys using, whats working really well, i have been
            > wanting to get a robotic head, i have been shooting HDR panos so far.
            > And is there something like the promote that works with the mirrorless
            > system.
            >
            > Sorry if this has been covered before
            >
            > thanks
            >
            > Henrik

            <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            @...>
          • Henrik
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 3 8:17 PM

              Thanks Thomas & Karel,

              very impressive, and indeed a light kit. Thanks for sharing. Hmm decision... I am heartbroken just by the thought of giving my Canon Kit up ;-) but as its looking at the moment, carrying camera with multiple lenses isn't going to work at the moment. Unless I can do a very good recovery, but there the odds are against me, but I am trying to beat the odds

              thanks very much for your insight to both you and Karel

              Henrik Tived

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "karelgil" wrote:

              > For my 'lightweight' pano's I started with an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5 mm FE. And I did like that combo so much that I recently swapped the E-P1 for an E-M5 for some better IQ and more pixels.
              >
              > As a matter of fact I use this setup for 90% of my pano's now.
              >
              > Here is an example of the E-P1+Samyang : http://360vr.nl/WMSin/
              > (shot in the autumn with a low sun)
              >
              > And here a recent one with the E-M5: http://360vr.nl/Gent/
              >
              > Karel
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik" wrote:
              > >

              > > hi guys,
              > >
              > > i recently injured my back at work, and it isn't looking too good.
              > >
              > > i have uptill now been using Canon 1-series and L-lenses for my
              > > photography, but its now too heavy if i want to persuit photography
              > > and in particular pano's
              > >

              > > What are you guys using, whats working really well, i have been
              > > wanting to get a robotic head, i have been shooting HDR panos so far.
              > > And is there something like the promote that works with the mirrorless
              > > system.
              > >
              > > Sorry if this has been covered before
              > >
              > > thanks
              > >
              > > Henrik

              <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              @>@...>
            • karelgil
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 4 3:15 AM
                Thanks Henrik for the compliment.

                As a matter of fact: the more i use the E-M5 the less need I feel to carry my heavy stuff with me.
                It is a nice versatile and weatherproof little camera and there a some seriously good lenses for it (the new 75mm 1.8 from Oly, for instance)
                It is also good in the higher ISO regions.

                I only think you should buy the additional battery-grip with it, as it gives a more sturdy handling and (important for us) moves the tripod connection to the centre of the lens.

              • prague
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 5 5:21 AM
                  how does the samyang 7.5mm compare to the panasonic 8mm for the gf2 and similar cameras?

                • Trausti Hraunfjord

                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 6 1:36 AM

                      Thanks Trausti, Lots of physio, excersices - walking... I am just hoping that I can keep shooting - thats what I enjoy

                      Henrik Tived

                      Re: [PanoToolsNG] mirrorless for pano's?