Re: [PanoToolsNG] BigTIFF support

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012

      On Aug 1, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

      Am 01.08.2012 15:16, schrieb Mark D. Fink:
      > I'm running into issues with increasingly large stitches that I
      > currently save as PSB. That works OK as both PTGui and Photoshop can
      > handle that file format, but Lightroom doesn't support it. I see now
      > that Photoshop CS 6 reads BigTIFF, (is that correct?), and was wondering
      > if that will be added to PTGui as an output option.

      Perhaps it would be better to ask this in the PTGui support group.
      However, for the time being you could use slicer from Bernhard Vogl:
      http://dativ.at/slicer/index.html

      FYI, Lightroom doesn't support BigTIFF, however, so I'm not sure it'll help in this instance, and AFAIK, Photoshop can only *read* but not write BigTIFF.

      -R
    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2012
        I thought since it was a mixed question dealing with Photoshop, Lightroom,
        and PTGui that this might be the better venue.

        Mark

        --
      • Mark D. Fink
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2012