BigTIFF support

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
      I'm running into issues with increasingly large stitches that I currently save as PSB. That works OK as both PTGui and Photoshop can handle that file format, but Lightroom doesn't support it. I see now that Photoshop CS 6 reads BigTIFF, (is that correct?), and was wondering if that will be added to PTGui as an output option. Does anyone out there currently working with the BigTIFF format know if Lightroom 4 supports it? Just trying to get one consistent file format to handle the really big stuff.

      Mark
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
        Am 01.08.2012 15:16, schrieb Mark D. Fink:
        > I'm running into issues with increasingly large stitches that I
        > currently save as PSB. That works OK as both PTGui and Photoshop can
        > handle that file format, but Lightroom doesn't support it. I see now
        > that Photoshop CS 6 reads BigTIFF, (is that correct?), and was wondering
        > if that will be added to PTGui as an output option.

        Perhaps it would be better to ask this in the PTGui support group.
        However, for the time being you could use slicer from Bernhard Vogl:
        http://dativ.at/slicer/index.html

      • Roger Howard
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012

          On Aug 1, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

          Am 01.08.2012 15:16, schrieb Mark D. Fink:
          > I'm running into issues with increasingly large stitches that I
          > currently save as PSB. That works OK as both PTGui and Photoshop can
          > handle that file format, but Lightroom doesn't support it. I see now
          > that Photoshop CS 6 reads BigTIFF, (is that correct?), and was wondering
          > if that will be added to PTGui as an output option.

          Perhaps it would be better to ask this in the PTGui support group.
          However, for the time being you could use slicer from Bernhard Vogl:
          http://dativ.at/slicer/index.html

          FYI, Lightroom doesn't support BigTIFF, however, so I'm not sure it'll help in this instance, and AFAIK, Photoshop can only *read* but not write BigTIFF.

          -R
        • Mark D. Fink
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2012
            I thought since it was a mixed question dealing with Photoshop, Lightroom,
            and PTGui that this might be the better venue.

            --
          • Mark D. Fink
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2012