Re: [PanoToolsNG] Photoshop Adjustment Layers/Adjustments on Seperate Image Areas?

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2006
      On 11 Jul 2006 at 23:14, yuval levy wrote:

      > > Is it correct that the Shadow/Highlight adjustment
      > > is not available as
      > > an adjustment layer? (I wish it was!)
      >
      > I am afraid you are correct. But if you become
      > proficient with the curves tool, you won't miss it.

      Well, I would definitely miss S/H ;)
      You can treat S/H as adjustment layers (which I use a lot) by copying your entire image
      to a new layer and apply S/H to it. Then you can apply a Layer mask to that layer to
      control where S/H should be applied. And you could adjust the Layer fill or transparency
      (never see much difference between them..) and blend mode. If you need different S/H for
      different areas you could just add a new layer/mask for each.
      Layers and masks are great :)

      --
      bk@... // Bjørn Kåre Nilssen http://bknilssen.no/
      Kristiansand, Norway