Skip to search.

Re: [PanoToolsNG] Need advice/help...direction....Something???

  • Kyle Goodnight
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
      Guess no one has any comments or experience with this issue..  or Kolor support or lack of....no response...   :-o(
      Anyway, I resolved the security issue myself..finally...still no response from Kolor..3 days now...maybe no one there speaks  English??

      Kyle

      Monday, July 30, 2012 2:39 PM

      I Purchased Panotour Pro from Kolor. I played with the trial for a while and it worked ok, so I purchased the program. Now when trying to create a tour and include maps, I get a error from Adobe player saying it stopped an unsafe call from the .swf file that executes the map. Adobe player asks me to update the site to allow the program with an "allow" for the access web address. I do that and restart and get the same error. Anyone have any experience
      with this issue with Adobe player?

      Second, the log in for the Kolor forum (that worked previously) now does not work. Sent a message to Kolor requesting Password reset, and am told email sent to change password...never arrives(3 times tried). Comment on the notice says to use and email address shown if the email does not arrive. Emailed that address and no response. Anyone have any experience with Kolor support...not impressed so far??

      I have an and OLD API from Google for Google maps and it looks like it still works as I get a map from the setup but with the Adobe issue, not much use..I get the same error with Bing maps...Adobe barfs on the access. Probably some global setting but I just dont see where that can be on the options for the player.

      I hope this is not tooo far off topic but kinda dead in the water until I find out how to fix this...I was hoping that someone has had these issues and can offer some advice on how to proceed with Adobe/Kolor to get a response.

      Kyle

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 2 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012

      This is not the forum to vent frustrations with other companies to.

      If you wanted to take a jab anyway, it would have been better to at least post your resolution to make your post worth reading and contribute back to the community.

      Best Regards,

      Sacha Griffin

      http://www.seeit360.com

      http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

      http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

      IM: sachagriffin007@...

      Office: 404-551-4275

      Guess no one has any comments or experience with this issue..  or Kolor support or lack of....no response...   :-o(
      Anyway, I resolved the security issue myself..finally...still no response from Kolor..3 days now...maybe no one there speaks  English??

      Kyle

    • John Riley
      Message 3 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
        Did you even try to post in the Kolor forum? They have forums in both French and English.

        John Riley
        4Pi-VR Media Solutions
        http://4pi-vr.com
        johnriley@...
        (h)864-461-3504
        (c)864-431-7075
        (w)864-503-5775

        On Jul 31, 2012, at 1:09 PM, Kyle Goodnight wrote:

[...]

      • Rick Drew
        Message 4 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012

          The “unsafe” operation is a local security thing Flash does and has nothing to do with Kolor – it’s your settings in the Flash player. Preview the file online and you won’t have that problem.  As for the Google API, I’m ticked over that as well. Google changed their API months ago, but Kolor is selling a product that requires an API key – a key that Google no longer provides. Yes, they support two other maps, but I prefer Google maps. That’s one reason I purchased the product.  It may also be that KRpano does not support the Google maps key (just guessing), and that could be the root of the maps problem.

          Message 5 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
            Sacha,
            Sorry you took my post as a vent...not intended to be a vent, but a request for help from folks who have a lot more experience with photographic products and exposure to vendors than I do.  I joined this group to gain experience and photograph knowledge and when I exhausted all efforts to contact Kolor (forum and email) I thought maybe someone could offer some assistance and suggestions.  Rick's response was right on and is what I figured out.

            Sorry you were annoyed at my request...I wont be making any more here...
            Kyle

            Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:12 PM

            This is not the forum to vent frustrations with other companies to.

            If you wanted to take a jab anyway, it would have been better to at least post your resolution to make your post worth reading and contribute back to the community.

            Best Regards,

            Sacha Griffin

            http://www.seeit360.com

            http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

            http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

            IM: sachagriffin007@...

            Office: 404-551-4275

            Guess no one has any comments or experience with this issue..  or Kolor support or lack of....no response...   :-o(
            Anyway, I resolved the security issue myself..finally...still no response from Kolor..3 days now...maybe no one there speaks  English??

            Kyle

            Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:09 PM
[...]

          • Yazan Sboul
            Message 6 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
              I have to agree with Kyle guys, this is a perfectly good place to ask about random errors - The very fact that the solution was obvious and had nothing to do with the product highlights how useful a generic forum can be at times.
              If the product suppliers are unable to maintain a reasonable level of support they should expect it to result in "venting" and customers seeking support elsewhere.

              To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

              Message 7 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012

                On Jul 31, 2012, at 3:23 PM, Yazan Sboul wrote:

                If the product suppliers are unable to maintain a reasonable level of support they should expect it to result in "venting" and customers seeking support elsewhere.

                Except for the fact that Kolor gives great support and has a vibrant forum.

                John

                John Riley
                4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                http://4pi-vr.com
                johnriley@...
                (h)864-461-3504
                (c)864-431-7075
                (w)864-503-5775
              • Yazan Sboul
                Message 8 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
                  Except for the fact that Kolor gives great support and has a vibrant forum.

                  ...but clearly not in this case

                  Yaz

                  To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 9 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
                    "The only stupid question is the question unasked."

                    On 7/31/2012 12:23 PM, Yazan Sboul wrote:

                    > I have to agree with Kyle guys, this is a perfectly good place to ask about random errors - The very fact that the solution was obvious and had nothing to do with the product highlights how useful a generic forum can be at times. If the product suppliers are unable to maintain a reasonable level of support they should expect it to result in "venting" and customers seeking support elsewhere.
                    >
                    > To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: kylegoodnight@...
                    > Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:52:43 -0400
                    > Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Need advice/help...direction....Something???
                    >

                    > Sacha,
                    >
                    > Sorry you took my post as a vent...not intended to be a vent, but a
                    > request for help from folks who have a lot more experience with
                    > photographic products and exposure to vendors than I do. I joined this
                    > group to gain experience and photograph knowledge and when I exhausted
                    > all efforts to contact Kolor (forum and email) I thought maybe someone
                    > could offer some assistance and suggestions. Rick's response was right
                    > on and is what I figured out.
                    >

                    > Sorry you were annoyed at my request...I wont be making any more here...
                    >
                    > Kyle
                    >

                    > Sacha Griffin
                    > Tuesday, July 31,
                    > 2012 1:12 PM

                    > This is not the forum to vent
                    > frustrations with other companies to. If you
                    > wanted to take a jab anyway, it would have been better to at least post
                    > your resolution to make your post worth reading and contribute back to
                    > the community. Best
                    > Regards, Sacha
                    > GriffinSouthern
                    > Digital Solutions LLC - Atlanta, Georgiahttp://www.seeit360.comhttp://twitter.com/SeeIt360http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360IM: sachagriffin007@...: 404-551-4275 From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

                  • Sacha Griffin
                    Message 10 of 12 , Jul 31, 2012
                      No one had an issue with the original question.

                      Sacha Griffin
                      Office: 404-551-4275

                      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                      From: kylegoodnight@...
                      Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:52:43 -0400

                      Sacha,
                      Sorry you took my post as a vent...not intended to be a vent, but a request for help from folks who have a lot more experience with photographic products and exposure to vendors than I do.  I joined this group to gain experience and photograph knowledge and when I exhausted all efforts to contact Kolor (forum and email) I thought maybe someone could offer some assistance and suggestions.  Rick's response was right on and is what I figured out.

                      Sorry you were annoyed at my request...I wont be making any more here...
                      Kyle

                      <compose-unknown-contact.jpg>
                      Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:12 PM

                      Message 11 of 12 , Aug 1, 2012
                        Kyle said in his original post that he COULD NOT sign onto the Kolor forum and got no response from Kolor regarding his forum password.

                        Kal