Firing Canon camera through PTP - which software - Windows

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2012
      Hi all, anybody has managed to fire a Canon camera when is connected via PTP/Print to computer? if yes, which software, any opensource? in Windows

      Camera displays busy and is not responding even if you press the shutter button, though the PTP allows triggering the shooter from computer.

      I'm aware and use the EOS utility but that allows/controls only one camera, while through PTP I can see the contents of both cameras and unnable to shoot
      DSLR multi-pro doesn't work with my cams ..

      cheers,
      Dorin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2012
        Am 29.07.2012 17:50, schrieb dorindxn:
        > Hi all, anybody has managed to fire a Canon camera when is connected
        > via PTP/Print to computer? if yes, which software, any opensource? in
        > Windows

        Did you have a look at the new wiki page:
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Extended_bracketing_control

        No windows open source so far :-(

        I tested PhotoRemote (freeware for non-commercial use) just now but it
        didn't work with my 5D2...

      • dorindxn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2012
          Thanks Erik, Seems that what I need is Smart Shooter software, just tested it and works, I was able to connect both cameras at same time and after pressing the button of the camera (them are cable synched)the images from both cameras were downloaded, which is exactly what I need, it even managed to rename the photos when the filename were the same.
          Now I will be able to have also the 3D pano automatically online :) until only now I've to read the photos from the second camera through CF reader.

          I'll study more, the trial has 15 runnings each up to 24 photos.

          BTW the PhotoRemote didn't work for me either and was a virus in their webpage, but the downloaded .exe seems to be clean.

          cheers,
          Dorin

          > Am 29.07.2012 17:50, schrieb dorindxn:
          > > Hi all, anybody has managed to fire a Canon camera when is connected
          > > via PTP/Print to computer? if yes, which software, any opensource? in
          > > Windows
          >
          > Did you have a look at the new wiki page:
          > http://wiki.panotools.org/Extended_bracketing_control
          >
          > No windows open source so far :-(
          >
          > I tested PhotoRemote (freeware for non-commercial use) just now but it
          > didn't work with my 5D2...
          >
          > --
          > Erik Krause
          > http://www.erik-krause.de

        • dorindxn
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2012
            Forgot to say that Cameras have to be on PC connection and not on Print/PTP.

            cheers,
            Dorin