Re: [PanoToolsNG] Are you familiar with the DerMander app?

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2012
      Well, they MIGHT join at the 360-degree turn IF your camera is pointing in exactly the same horizontal plane for the shots on either side of the join.... Of course this is virtually impossible for hand held shots, and using a tripod rather defeats the object of using a simple camera like an iPhone 4/4S and a hands-off fully automated stitching program like this. But it can be done if you have the neat little Gymbl iPhone holder (a sort of mini-tripod that slots into a matching phone case). It's been mentioned on this list before, and I can recommend it. Beautifully made, and holds the iPhone lens at the NPP. It hardly complicates the use of the iPhone at all, and fits well with DerMander. It holds the phone in portrait orientation, so although the panoramas are cylindrical, you get fairly good coverage in the vertical direction.

      Roger W.

      Sent from my iPad