Are you familiar with the DerMander app?

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2012
      Are you familiar with the DerMander app?

      http://www.dermandar.com/

      Is it as easy to use as Mr. Myers says?

      http://www.bmyers.com/public/The_easy_way_to_create_panoramic_photo.cfm

      What has your experience been? Please share.

      Thanks.
    • Peter Nyfeler
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2012
        Hi Peter

        Am 29.07.12 01:09, schrieb Peter:
        > Are you familiar with the DerMander app?
        >
        > http://www.dermandar.com/
        >
        > Is it as easy to use as Mr. Myers says?
        >
        > http://www.bmyers.com/public/The_easy_way_to_create_panoramic_photo.cfm
        >

        > What has your experience been? Please share.
        >
        > Thanks.

        It is really easy to use but the results vries a bit in quality and
        it works only for cylindrical panoramas. And the edges won't
        join at the full 360 degree turn.

        best regards

        Peter
      • Roger D Williams
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2012
          Well, they MIGHT join at the 360-degree turn IF your camera is pointing in exactly the same horizontal plane for the shots on either side of the join.... Of course this is virtually impossible for hand held shots, and using a tripod rather defeats the object of using a simple camera like an iPhone 4/4S and a hands-off fully automated stitching program like this. But it can be done if you have the neat little Gymbl iPhone holder (a sort of mini-tripod that slots into a matching phone case). It's been mentioned on this list before, and I can recommend it. Beautifully made, and holds the iPhone lens at the NPP. It hardly complicates the use of the iPhone at all, and fits well with DerMander. It holds the phone in portrait orientation, so although the panoramas are cylindrical, you get fairly good coverage in the vertical direction.

          Roger W.

          Sent from my iPad