Excuses, excuses...

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26 8:00 PM
      Someone (Ken Warner, maybe? I deleted the post and my memory is not what it was) quite reasonably asked me to share some panoramas of Scotland that show the good results I am getting with SNS-HDR home version. Unfortunately I did the panoramas before I got the new program, so my experiences have been with the holiday snaps I took. And I had so much trouble stitching the panoramas I took that I can't summon up the energy to redo them. The reason is the problems I had with the K-01 mirrorless camera. I foolishly didn't tape the zoom and focus settings on my 10-17mm Pentax fisheye, so some potentially splendid panoramic interiors in an amazing old hotel we stayed at in Edinburgh were ruined-- gaping holes all over the place and the devil to align because of inadequate overlap. Several of the scenic panoramas were spoiled by focus issues. And the lack of weatherproofing prevented panoramas on the many rainy days. There are a couple of 360x180 panoramas and a couple of incomplete cylindrical ones at my Rogerama collection on photosynth.net. But I'd rather forget them... However, for whatever they are worth they can be viewed on I-devices and both of the main computer clans.

      I AM having a ball with the snaps, though. When I've worked out how to do it I'll post some in my Dropbox and post links.

      Roger W.

      Sent from my iPad
    • Christian Bloch
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26 8:18 PM
        How dare you to present us such cheap excuses?

        ;)
        Just kidding. I'm sorry to hear about this troubled shoot. I think we've all been there and know the pains of afterwards regrets. For example, I shot an entire afternoon of Burning Man panos completely out-of-focus. But then again, I wasn't very sober, so that actually matches the way I remember it. The same day I started experimenting with shooting panos *without* getting off my bicycle, and driving a tight circle around the tripod instead…  Well, it doesn't work.

        Blochi