Re: [PanoToolsNG] SNS-HDR, yet again!

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 26, 2012
      Dear Blochi:

      Certainly not... You didn't say that and I wasn't trying to point at you. But I have read in more than one place that it is not doing "real" HDR but "only" an Enfuse-like operation. Personally I don't agree with that distinction, but that's a rather different issue.

      Roger W.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jul 27, 2012, at 5:05 AM, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...> wrote:

      To Roger:

      I hope you didn't mean me with the "Just another Enfuse" comment. I love SNS, and agree about everything you said. It's doing way more sophisticated things than Enfuse.

      Photomatix Tone Compressor does not really compare. It's a global tonemapper, and that means it doesn't even do anything that could possibly destroy panoramic continuity. It is in fact the same algorithm as Picturenaut's Adaptive Logarithmic (which runs faster).

      Blochi

      On Jul 26, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

      Photomatixs tone compressor method looks functionally identical but doesn't
      fail on the zenith.