NEX7 question

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 30 , Jul 23, 2012
      Anybody knows if it is possible to remote the camera? Even simply triggering the shutter could be enough.
      I'm so pissed off with nex5, epl1 and GF2. NO ONE has a wired remote.

      --
      Luca Vascon.
      Message 2 of 30 , Jul 23, 2012
        I don't think so. But it does have a hot shoe that you can put something like this in:

        http://www.kleptography.com/rf/remote_lx5_640.jpg

        I bent a piece of aluminum and bolted it to my pano head and glued a manual cable release to it. Works ok on my C3. Looks like crap.

        I've asked Richard Franiec to think about making a manual cable release adapter for the NEX cameras. Maybe if enough people ask for one he will.

        http://www.kleptography.com/rf/#camera_lx3

        On 7/23/2012 8:53 AM, luca vascon wrote:
        > Anybody knows if it is possible to remote the camera? Even simply
        > triggering the shutter could be enough.
        > I'm so pissed off with nex5, epl1 and GF2. NO ONE has a wired remote.

      • Carl von Einem
        Message 3 of 30 , Jul 23, 2012
          Ciao Luca,

          ask the Panotwins ;-)

          Jürgen says "This weekend I built my remote control for my Sony NEX-7.
          So I was finally able to do a pole shot with this camera."
          <http://www.panotwins.de/spherical-panoramas/construction-site-of-the-european-central-bank/>

          And here is Markus' solution for his NEX-5:
          <http://www.panotwins.de/?s=arduino>

          Carl

          Posted by: "luca vascon" on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:53 am ((PDT))

        • Dorin@dxn.ro
          Message 4 of 30 , Jul 23, 2012
            Just curious, anyone tried to "extend" an IR remote with an optical audio
            cable?
            might work..

            cheers,
            Dorin

            Monday, July 23, 2012, 7:16:20 PM, you wrote:

            > I don't think so. But it does have a hot shoe that you can put something like this in:

            > http://www.kleptography.com/rf/remote_lx5_640.jpg

            > I bent a piece of aluminum and bolted it to my pano head and glued
            > a manual cable release to it. Works ok on my C3. Looks like crap.

            > I've asked Richard Franiec to think about making a manual cable
            > release adapter for the NEX cameras. Maybe if enough people ask for one he will.

            > http://www.kleptography.com/rf/#camera_lx3

            > On 7/23/2012 8:53 AM, luca vascon wrote:
            >> Anybody knows if it is possible to remote the camera? Even simply
            >> triggering the shutter could be enough.
            >> I'm so pissed off with nex5, epl1 and GF2. NO ONE has a wired remote.

            --
            Best regards,
            Dorin mailto:dorin@...
            Message 5 of 30 , Jul 23, 2012
              Also, there's this:

              http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentled/

              On 7/23/2012 9:16 AM, Ken Warner wrote:
              > I don't think so. But it does have a hot shoe that you can put something like this in:
              >
              > http://www.kleptography.com/rf/remote_lx5_640.jpg
              >
              > I bent a piece of aluminum and bolted it to my pano head and glued a manual cable release to it. Works ok on my C3. Looks like crap.
              >
              > I've asked Richard Franiec to think about making a manual cable release adapter for the NEX cameras. Maybe if enough people ask for one he will.
              >
              > http://www.kleptography.com/rf/#camera_lx3
              >

              > On 7/23/2012 8:53 AM, luca vascon wrote:
              >> Anybody knows if it is possible to remote the camera? Even simply
              >> triggering the shutter could be enough.
              >> I'm so pissed off with nex5, epl1 and GF2. NO ONE has a wired remote.

            • John Riley
              Message 6 of 30 , Jul 23, 2012
                Does the epl1 not have the computer cable socket like the E-P2 does? I have a combo wired/wireless with my E-P2 that plugs into that socket.

                John Riley
                4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                http://4pi-vr.com
                johnriley@...
                (h)864-461-3504
                (c)864-431-7075
                (w)864-503-5775

                Message 7 of 30 , Jul 23, 2012
                  Am 23.07.2012 17:53, schrieb luca vascon:
                  > Anybody knows if it is possible to remote the camera? Even simply
                  > triggering the shutter could be enough.
                  > I'm so pissed off with nex5, epl1 and GF2. NO ONE has a wired remote.

                  Shouldn't it be possible to use a glass fiber and a cheap IR remote?

                • dorindxn
                  Message 8 of 30 , Jul 24, 2012
                    Well, that is what I've said here
                    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/54911
                    https://www.google.ro/search?q=optical+audio+cable&hl=ro&safe=off&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=WUgOUNG0HtDQsgbn24FA&ved=0CEQQ_AUoAQ&biw=1152&bih=740

                    Wait! I got it! is a punish because I didn't read the wiki the other
                    days :)

                    Jokes aside, can be of interes as the new Canon mirorless has only IR too

                    cheers,
                    Dorin

                    > Am 23.07.2012 17:53, schrieb luca vascon:
                    > > Anybody knows if it is possible to remote the camera? Even simply
                    > > triggering the shutter could be enough.
                    > > I'm so pissed off with nex5, epl1 and GF2. NO ONE has a wired remote.
                    >
                    > Shouldn't it be possible to use a glass fiber and a cheap IR remote?
                    >
                    > --
                    > Erik Krause
                    > http://www.erik-krause.de

                  • dorindxn
                    Message 9 of 30 , Jul 24, 2012
                      One can also attach an IR remote to a radio hotshoe mounted receiver of a radio wireless remote, there will be need to solder, say, a 2.5 mm jack female connector on the IR to connect the radio receiver to IR. That will make it suitable even for pole pano use.

                      cheers,
                      Dorin
                    • jimbo
                      Message 10 of 30 , Jul 24, 2012
                        You'd think these guys would realise that it's 2012 and these new hot shot small cameras have much potential beyond "straight" use... Anyway.. from what I can see so far the new Canon will have the same issue.. So here is a link on a how to a mod for the NEX 7.. http://www.gethypoxic.com/reviews-tests-hacks/hacks-and-mods/92-modifying-a-nex7-with-a-hardwire-shutter-release-jack.html ..From here you can go where you want..  As a note to go further their a seller on eBay in asia that is selling several different types of remotes comperable to Nikon / Canons etc.. Including ones with timers and intervelometers , radio, IF etc.. Very inexpensive and work well .. I have a couple versions.. the high end remote unit is around 35.00 .. ships free from asia.. If needed I'll track down his store.. but a search shoudl get there..
                        Anyway this camera hack, while spooky to some looks like the way to go.. He's on Face book and does this for folks..  for those that find this too daunting..

                        jimbo
                        One can also attach an IR remote to a radio hotshoe mounted receiver of a radio wireless remote, there will be need to solder, say, a 2.5 mm jack female connector on the IR to connect the radio receiver to IR. That will make it suitable even for pole pano use.

                        cheers,
                        Dorin

                        No virus found in this message.

                      • Mark D. Fink
                        Message 11 of 30 , Jul 24, 2012

                          Hey Jimbo,

                          If you have a link to this vendor, it would be great if you could post it. My guess is that there are a lot of such vendors out there, but finding one that is reputable and makes quality units is where it gets tricky.

                          Thanks,

                          Mark

                          Message 12 of 30 , Jul 24, 2012
                            On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Mark D. Fink <markdfink@...> wrote:

                            Hey Jimbo,

                            If you have a link to this vendor, it would be great if you could post it. My guess is that there are a lot of such vendors out there, but finding one that is reputable and makes quality units is where it gets tricky.

                            Me too :-)
                            I tried also but no way to find the right one :-)

                            Thanks
                            AYRTON

                            Thanks,

                            Mark

                          • jot.mateng@googlemail.com
                            Message 13 of 30 , Jul 24, 2012
                              2012/7/24 jimbo <mrjimbo@...>
                              Anyway.. from what I can see so far the new Canon will have the same issue.. So here is a link on a how to a mod for the NEX 7.. http://www.gethypoxic.com/reviews-tests-hacks/hacks-and-mods/92-modifying-a-nex7-with-a-hardwire-shutter-release-jack.html ..From here you can go where you want..  As a note to go further their a seller on eBay in asia that is selling several different types of remotes

                              When I was searching the net for solutions of triggering a Sony NEX-7 with a radio, I also stumbled over his article.

                              And I started to dismantle my NEX-7. But the wires are so tiny that you really need the right tools. So I put everything back together and modified the solution of PanoTwin Markus for his Sony NEX-5.

                              Finally today I wrote an article in our blog which shows my version of an Arduino controlled trigger for the Sony NEX-7.

                              Find the article at this link:
                              http://www.panotwins.de/?p=3437

                              I didn't followed the IR-approach because you have to set the camera (at least the Sony NEX series) in a special IR-trigger mode. And in this mode you can't use bracketing or other trigger modes (self-timer, etc.)

                              Have fun

                              PanoTwin Juergen

                            • panovrx
                              Message 14 of 30 , Jul 24, 2012
                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, jot.mateng@... wrote:

                                > 2012/7/24 jimbo <mrjimbo@...>
                                >
                                > > **
                                > > Anyway.. from what I can see so far the new Canon will have the same
                                > > issue.. So here is a link on a how to a mod for the NEX 7..
                                > > http://www.gethypoxic.com/reviews-tests-hacks/hacks-and-mods/92-modifying-a-nex7-with-a-hardwire-shutter-release-jack.html ..From
                                > > here you can go where you want.. As a note to go further their a seller on
                                > > eBay in asia that is selling several different types of remotes
                                > >

                                > When I was searching the net for solutions of triggering a Sony NEX-7 with
                                > a radio, I also stumbled over his article.
                                >
                                > And I started to dismantle my NEX-7. But the wires are so tiny that you
                                > really need the right tools. So I put everything back together and modified
                                > the solution of PanoTwin Markus for his Sony NEX-5.
                                >
                                > Finally today I wrote an article in our blog which shows my version of an
                                > Arduino controlled trigger for the Sony NEX-7.
                                >
                                > Find the article at this link:
                                > http://www.panotwins.de/?p=3437
                                >
                                > I didn't followed the IR-approach because you have to set the camera (at
                                > least the Sony NEX series) in a special IR-trigger mode. And in this mode
                                > you can't use bracketing or other trigger modes (self-timer, etc.)
                                >
                                > Have fun
                                >
                                > PanoTwin Juergen

                                You can implement a mechanical push lever system with any wireless radio release and a cheap relay plus battery plus mini-servo. eg. this kit I put together when I had a Nex 5
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1a8E8cmwc

                                But like the IR release you dont have an instant response. This is what bugs me the most I think about the lack of conventional release sockets. You cant capture critical moments.

                                PeterM
                              • John Riley
                                Message 15 of 30 , Jul 24, 2012
                                  If anyone is wanting to try this route, I have the components for it that I used with my Fuji S2 back in the day. It consists of a small servo and a device from James Gentile that will make the servo "knod" when you complete a circuit (via pushbutton, or in my case when it was completed via a cable to my Merlin pano head). The Gentile device, if left powered, also functions as a timed release with a tiny knob that allows you to adjust the time base from short up to (I think) two minutes. The whole thing is powered by 2XAA cells in a holder.

                                  Anyone interested in it, let me know. I no longer need it with my present gear.

                                  John

                                  John Riley
                                  4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                                  http://4pi-vr.com
                                  johnriley@...
                                  (h)864-461-3504
                                  (c)864-431-7075
                                  (w)864-503-5775

                                  On Jul 24, 2012, at 5:53 PM, panovrx wrote:

                                  You can implement a mechanical push lever system with any wireless radio release and a cheap relay plus battery plus mini-servo. eg. this kit I put together when I had a Nex 5
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1a8E8cmwc

                                  But like the IR release you dont have an instant response. This is what bugs me the most I think about the lack of conventional release sockets. You cant capture critical moments.

                                  PeterM

                                • prague
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Jul 25, 2012
                                    http://www.kleptography.com/rf/remote_lx5_640.jpg

                                    AWESOME I LOVE IT!! :-)

                                    > I don't think so. But it does have a hot shoe that you can put something like this in:
                                    >
                                    > http://www.kleptography.com/rf/remote_lx5_640.jpg
                                    >
                                    > I bent a piece of aluminum and bolted it to my pano head and glued a manual cable release to it. Works ok on my C3. Looks like crap.
                                    >
                                    > I've asked Richard Franiec to think about making a manual cable release adapter for the NEX cameras. Maybe if enough people ask for one he will.
                                    >
                                    > http://www.kleptography.com/rf/#camera_lx3
                                    >

                                    > On 7/23/2012 8:53 AM, luca vascon wrote:
                                    > > Anybody knows if it is possible to remote the camera? Even simply
                                    > > triggering the shutter could be enough.
                                    > > I'm so pissed off with nex5, epl1 and GF2. NO ONE has a wired remote.

                                  • Bostjan Burger
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Jul 25, 2012
                                      That reminds me to my oldie F3 hot shoe holder... lol

                                      Bostjan

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Jul 25, 2012
                                        Sorry for the delay in getting back on this.. I had to go on a safari to find them.. Their are a few sellers selling the same units an they are branded differently now..but their the ones that I got.. and they work great.. Gosh are these inexpensive... Ok the wireless remote here's an url to it  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Remote-Shutter-Release-Fit-For-Nikon-D300s-D700-D300-D200-/310371605455?pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item484396dbcf   it's 14.03 with free shipping has 4 setable frequencies.. The remote / timer / intervelometer is http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Remote-Shutter-Release-Fit-For-Nikon-D300s-D700-D300-D200-/310371605455?pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item484396dbcf  it's 11.36 with free shipping also.. both are in the same store. Browse the store for versions for different cameras like Canon etc.. They come with manuals batteries etc..  My wireless I use mostly for shooting birds.. but it would be perfect for Pano pole use..  I do a set up out side and can fire the camera from in the house. Ok I also got a surprise..while tracking this down I found this intervelometer for the NEX 7 http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-NEX-7-wireless-intervalometer-for-time-lapse-photography-/221076236833?pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item33792baa21   a buy it now is 110.00  so a bit more spendy..

                                        Both the units I have are branded Aputure and say that on them..  but the units in the urls above are the same.. I've had mine for a couple of years and use them all the time they work on a D1X thru the D4 all the Nikons with the proper socket connection..

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Jul 26, 2012
                                          Hi to you all!!!
                                          Yes, the only clean way is voiding warranty. Just crack open the camera, and break it, so it can work.
                                          :-(
                                          Thankyou Sony! Another one, after DAT recorders without digital in or out, after Mini Discs without digital out, you want to define what is professional and what is not stripping out BASIC features from 1000 eur cameras. I really do think I will try to do the job with a non-sony camera.

                                          EPL1 is the only one to have not the triggering thru that USB socket.
                                          :-(
                                        • Thomas
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Aug 1, 2012
                                            Hey Luca, Try a Samsung NX210 -- 22 MPix, wired and wifi remote, and can shoot bracketed raws. I think. Don't have one yet, but getting closer.

                                            I was able to add wired remote to my NEX-5N -- it is the only NEX model on which this can be done without "brain surgery" -- and am pretty happy with it; but more pixels would be OK.

                                            Best, Tom

                                            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

                                            > Anybody knows if it is possible to remote the camera? Even simply
                                            > triggering the shutter could be enough.
                                            > I'm so pissed off with nex5, epl1 and GF2. NO ONE has a wired remote.
                                            >
                                            > --
                                            > Luca Vascon.
                                            > --
                                            > www.lucavascon.net
                                            > www.officinepanottiche.com
                                            > www.nuovostudio.it

                                          • Henrik
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Aug 2, 2012

                                              hi guys,

                                              i recently injured my back at work, and it isn't looking too good.

                                              i have uptill now been using Canon 1-series and L-lenses for my photography, but its now too heavy if i want to persuit photography and in particular pano's

                                              What are you guys using, whats working really well, i have been wanting to get a robotic head, i have been shooting HDR panos so far. And is there something like the promote that works with the mirrorless system.

                                              Sorry if this has been covered before

                                              thanks

                                              Henrik

                                            • dorindxn
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Aug 2, 2012
                                                Hey Dorin, it worked, the only thing left is to make a sexy looking way to attach the optical adio cable to IR remote and to the camera as well (in front to IR receiver of the camera of course)

                                                I used this kind of audio cable
                                                http://www.electronix.com/30ft-toslinktoslink-22mm-digital-audio-cable-p-19036.html

                                                the trick is to not remove the translucide parts from top.

                                                I'll be back when the attaching sollution is finished.

                                                cheers,
                                                Dorin

                                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Dorin@..." <Dorin@...> wrote:

                                                > Just curious, anyone tried to "extend" an IR remote with an optical audio
                                                > cable?
                                                > might work..
                                                >
                                                > cheers,
                                                > Dorin
                                                >
                                                > Monday, July 23, 2012, 7:16:20 PM, you wrote:
                                                >
                                                > > I don't think so. But it does have a hot shoe that you can put something like this in:
                                                >
                                                > > http://www.kleptography.com/rf/remote_lx5_640.jpg
                                                >
                                                > > I bent a piece of aluminum and bolted it to my pano head and glued
                                                > > a manual cable release to it. Works ok on my C3. Looks like crap.
                                                >
                                                > > I've asked Richard Franiec to think about making a manual cable
                                                > > release adapter for the NEX cameras. Maybe if enough people ask for one he will.
                                                >
                                                > > http://www.kleptography.com/rf/#camera_lx3
                                                >

                                                > > On 7/23/2012 8:53 AM, luca vascon wrote:
                                                > >> Anybody knows if it is possible to remote the camera? Even simply
                                                > >> triggering the shutter could be enough.
                                                > >> I'm so pissed off with nex5, epl1 and GF2. NO ONE has a wired remote.
                                                > >>

                                                > --
                                                > Best regards,
                                                > Dorin mailto:dorin@...

                                              • karelgil
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Aug 2, 2012
                                                  For my 'lightweight' pano's I started with an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5 mm FE. And I did like that combo so much that I recently swapped the E-P1 for an E-M5 for some better IQ and more pixels.

                                                  As a matter of fact I use this setup for 90% of my pano's now.

                                                  Here is an example of the E-P1+Samyang : http://360vr.nl/WMSin/
                                                  (shot in the autumn with a low sun)

                                                  And here a recent one with the E-M5: http://360vr.nl/Gent/

                                                  Karel

                                                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik" <tived@...> wrote:

                                                  > hi guys,
                                                  >
                                                  > i recently injured my back at work, and it isn't looking too good.
                                                  >
                                                  > i have uptill now been using Canon 1-series and L-lenses for my
                                                  > photography, but its now too heavy if i want to persuit photography
                                                  > and in particular pano's
                                                  >

                                                  > What are you guys using, whats working really well, i have been
                                                  > wanting to get a robotic head, i have been shooting HDR panos so far.
                                                  > And is there something like the promote that works with the mirrorless
                                                  > system.
                                                  >
                                                  > Sorry if this has been covered before
                                                  >
                                                  > thanks
                                                  >
                                                  > Henrik

                                                • Thomas
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Aug 2, 2012
                                                    The Samyang 7.5mm is the lightest high quality fisheye. As Karel's pictures show, it is a very sharp and clean lens, suitable for professional panography. With a good micro 4/3 camera you could not get a lighter rig.
                                                    I myself use the Samyang 7.5 on a Sony NEX-5n, which is a tad heavier but has a bigger APS-C sensor and superb image quality. Here is a set of panos shot with that combination (handheld short pole, 4 around + nadir): http://tksharpless.net/FlashPanos/PAFASnaps.html
                                                    The NEX cameras have no wired remote but the -5N model can be modified fairly easily. Here's how I 'hotwired' mine so I can use it on a pole with a normal radio remote http://tksharpless.net/gear/NEX-5N/hotwire.jpg.

                                                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "karelgil" <karel@...> wrote:

                                                    > For my 'lightweight' pano's I started with an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5 mm FE. And I did like that combo so much that I recently swapped the E-P1 for an E-M5 for some better IQ and more pixels.
                                                    >
                                                    > As a matter of fact I use this setup for 90% of my pano's now.
                                                    >
                                                    > Here is an example of the E-P1+Samyang : http://360vr.nl/WMSin/
                                                    > (shot in the autumn with a low sun)
                                                    >
                                                    > And here a recent one with the E-M5: http://360vr.nl/Gent/
                                                    >
                                                    > Karel
                                                    >
                                                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik" <tived@> wrote:
                                                    > >

                                                    > > hi guys,
                                                    > >
                                                    > > i recently injured my back at work, and it isn't looking too good.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > i have uptill now been using Canon 1-series and L-lenses for my
                                                    > > photography, but its now too heavy if i want to persuit photography
                                                    > > and in particular pano's
                                                    > >

                                                    > > What are you guys using, whats working really well, i have been
                                                    > > wanting to get a robotic head, i have been shooting HDR panos so far.
                                                    > > And is there something like the promote that works with the mirrorless
                                                    > > system.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Sorry if this has been covered before
                                                    > >
                                                    > > thanks
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Henrik

                                                  • Henrik
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Aug 3, 2012

                                                      Thanks very much, very good looking pano's both of them.

                                                      I do more mosaic;s and HDR.... do you do any of this and do you use anything to go beyond the camera's ability to do bracketing, such as a Promote (i know this one is not compatible but similar products)

                                                      thanks Henrik
                                                      Henrik Tived

                                                      [PanoToolsNG] Re: mirrorless for pano's?

                                                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik" wrote:

                                                      > hi guys,
                                                      >
                                                      > i recently injured my back at work, and it isn't looking too good.
                                                      >
                                                      > i have uptill now been using Canon 1-series and L-lenses for my
                                                      > photography, but its now too heavy if i want to persuit photography
                                                      > and in particular pano's
                                                      >

                                                      > What are you guys using, whats working really well, i have been
                                                      > wanting to get a robotic head, i have been shooting HDR panos so far.
                                                      > And is there something like the promote that works with the mirrorless
                                                      > system.
                                                      >
                                                      > Sorry if this has been covered before
                                                      >
                                                      > thanks
                                                      >
                                                      > Henrik

                                                      <*> Your email settings:
                                                      Individual Email | Traditional

                                                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                                                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                                                      <*> To change settings via email:
                                                      PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                                      @...>
                                                    • Henrik
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Aug 3, 2012

                                                        Thanks Thomas & Karel,

                                                        very impressive, and indeed a light kit. Thanks for sharing. Hmm decision... I am heartbroken just by the thought of giving my Canon Kit up ;-) but as its looking at the moment, carrying camera with multiple lenses isn't going to work at the moment. Unless I can do a very good recovery, but there the odds are against me, but I am trying to beat the odds

                                                        thanks very much for your insight to both you and Karel

                                                        Henrik Tived

                                                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "karelgil" wrote:

                                                        > For my 'lightweight' pano's I started with an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5 mm FE. And I did like that combo so much that I recently swapped the E-P1 for an E-M5 for some better IQ and more pixels.
                                                        >
                                                        > As a matter of fact I use this setup for 90% of my pano's now.
                                                        >
                                                        > Here is an example of the E-P1+Samyang : http://360vr.nl/WMSin/
                                                        > (shot in the autumn with a low sun)
                                                        >
                                                        > And here a recent one with the E-M5: http://360vr.nl/Gent/
                                                        >
                                                        > Karel
                                                        >
                                                        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik" wrote:
                                                        > >

                                                        > > hi guys,
                                                        > >
                                                        > > i recently injured my back at work, and it isn't looking too good.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > i have uptill now been using Canon 1-series and L-lenses for my
                                                        > > photography, but its now too heavy if i want to persuit photography
                                                        > > and in particular pano's
                                                        > >

                                                        > > What are you guys using, whats working really well, i have been
                                                        > > wanting to get a robotic head, i have been shooting HDR panos so far.
                                                        > > And is there something like the promote that works with the mirrorless
                                                        > > system.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Sorry if this has been covered before
                                                        > >
                                                        > > thanks
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Henrik

                                                        <*> Your email settings:
                                                        Individual Email | Traditional

                                                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                                                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                                                        <*> To change settings via email:
                                                        PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                                        @>@...>
                                                      • karelgil
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Aug 4, 2012
                                                          Thanks Henrik for the compliment.

                                                          As a matter of fact: the more i use the E-M5 the less need I feel to carry my heavy stuff with me.
                                                          It is a nice versatile and weatherproof little camera and there a some seriously good lenses for it (the new 75mm 1.8 from Oly, for instance)
                                                          It is also good in the higher ISO regions.

                                                          I only think you should buy the additional battery-grip with it, as it gives a more sturdy handling and (important for us) moves the tripod connection to the centre of the lens.

                                                        • prague
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Aug 5, 2012
                                                            how does the samyang 7.5mm compare to the panasonic 8mm for the gf2 and similar cameras?

                                                          • Trausti Hraunfjord

                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Aug 6, 2012

                                                                Thanks Trausti, Lots of physio, excersices - walking... I am just hoping that I can keep shooting - thats what I enjoy

                                                                Henrik Tived

                                                                Re: [PanoToolsNG] mirrorless for pano's?