Immersive experience

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2012
      We have to be aware that the civilization is going towards the division to users and to creators. Users are going to use simple devices and only consuming the media which is going to be created by creators with more sofisticated devices. Creators are going to be divided by idea makers and “copy cats - sales manegers”. My work is not targeting masses of internet users and am not commercial but I have quite experience with e-learning. I can assure that displaying VRPs with the interactive tablets is the best immersive experience I know - consider that is my subjective point of view... We are using that method since 2005 and a number of generations of pupil used that method of observation instead the reality observation of the geographical location, specially disabled pupils who can not move in reality locations or where the locations are to dangerous to be visited. For them the moving of VRpanoramas in a standard way is the easier one – listing would be harder. As an example... I was documenting in a mine, 178 m below the surface and with +52°C, situation after the subterranean fire and the documentation presented with VRPs gives an excellent base for the further " safe cabinet exploration".
      Here is a sample of good immersive experience of my French spelunking college J.Ph DEGLETAGNE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NloTogk-NVw    , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tH2IPuR2Lc , we had similar,  but much more simple projection in Brasil already in the year 2004.

      Kind regards!

      Bostjan