Lightroom seam after adjustments

  • Mark Fink
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2012

      I just noticed in Lightroom 4 that when I make adjustments, then export to JPG so I can view the results in DevalVR that I am getting a seam at the 180 degree boundary. I don’t ever remember this being an issue in LR3. Has anyone else noticed this?

      As a test, I took a PSD that I had been working, which when adjusted in LR4 gave me the seam in the final result. Instead, I took the unadjusted PSD into Photoshop, made some adjustments there, saved it, then also saved it as a JPG. That looked fine in Deval VR. Also, when I exported that PSD in LR4 to a JPG and viewed in Deval VR, it looked fine as well.

      Then, I made a few adjustments to the PSD in LR4, exported to JPG to view in Deval VR, and there was the seam again. Clearly, Lightroom is affecting the image unevenly. I know it isn’t aware of 180 seams for VR work, but I never remember this being an issue in earlier versions of LR.

      Mark

    • jrgen_schrader
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2012
        Please try the same with a flattened tif and report.

        Thanks
        Jürgen

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

        > I just noticed in Lightroom 4 that when I make adjustments, then export to
        > JPG so I can view the results in DevalVR that I am getting a seam at the 180
        > degree boundary. I don't ever remember this being an issue in LR3. Has
        > anyone else noticed this?
        >

        > As a test, I took a PSD that I had been working, which when adjusted in LR4
        > gave me the seam in the final result. Instead, I took the unadjusted PSD
        > into Photoshop, made some adjustments there, saved it, then also saved it as
        > a JPG. That looked fine in Deval VR. Also, when I exported that PSD in LR4
        > to a JPG and viewed in Deval VR, it looked fine as well.
        >

        > Then, I made a few adjustments to the PSD in LR4, exported to JPG to view in
        > Deval VR, and there was the seam again. Clearly, Lightroom is affecting the
        > image unevenly. I know it isn't aware of 180 seams for VR work, but I never
        > remember this being an issue in earlier versions of LR.
        >

        > Mark

      • Ian Wood
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 16, 2012
          Presumably the same old bug with resizing layered files in Photoshop. As Jürgen says, try flattening first.

          Ian

          On 16 Jul 2012, at 07:08, jrgen_schrader wrote:

          > Please try the same with a flattened tif and report.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Jürgen
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I just noticed in Lightroom 4 that when I make adjustments, then export to
          >> JPG so I can view the results in DevalVR that I am getting a seam at the 180
          >> degree boundary. I don't ever remember this being an issue in LR3. Has
          >> anyone else noticed this?
          >>

          >> As a test, I took a PSD that I had been working, which when adjusted in LR4
          >> gave me the seam in the final result. Instead, I took the unadjusted PSD
          >> into Photoshop, made some adjustments there, saved it, then also saved it as
          >> a JPG. That looked fine in Deval VR. Also, when I exported that PSD in LR4
          >> to a JPG and viewed in Deval VR, it looked fine as well.
          >>

          >> Then, I made a few adjustments to the PSD in LR4, exported to JPG to view in
          >> Deval VR, and there was the seam again. Clearly, Lightroom is affecting the
          >> image unevenly. I know it isn't aware of 180 seams for VR work, but I never
          >> remember this being an issue in earlier versions of LR.
          >>

          >> Mark

        • Mark D. Fink
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16, 2012
            Bingo - that was it! Thanks for the memory jog.

            Mark