SNS-HDR

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 8, 2012
      Hello,

      I've started to experiment with SNS-HDR lite. Very promising and in very
      active development. Out-of-the-box results seem better than enfuse...

      Anyone using it?

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 8, 2012
        Experimented about a year ago. Pretty much agree. But I stick to enfuse plus hand tonemap adjustments using masks in ps. I probably need to revisit full HDR workflows again. It just takes so much more effort to get the job done.
        Sacha Griffin
        Office: 404-551-4275

        On Jul 8, 2012, at 5:56 PM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

        Hello,

        I've started to experiment with SNS-HDR lite. Very promising and in very
        active development. Out-of-the-box results seem better than enfuse...

        Anyone using it?

      • prague
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 9, 2012
          agree with sacha. i hate the totally hit/miss fiddly nature of HDR

          sns sounds interesting, i'll give it a try!

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

          > Experimented about a year ago. Pretty much agree. But I stick to enfuse
          > plus hand tonemap adjustments using masks in ps. I probably need to revisit
          > full HDR workflows again. It just takes so much more effort to get the job
          > done.
          > Sacha Griffin
          > http://www.seeit360.com
          > http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
          > http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
          > IM: sachagriffin007@...
          > Office: 404-551-4275
          >
          > On Jul 8, 2012, at 5:56 PM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:
          >

          > Hello,
          >
          > I've started to experiment with SNS-HDR lite. Very promising and in very
          > active development. Out-of-the-box results seem better than enfuse...
          >
          > Anyone using it?
          >
          > --
          > Erik Krause
          > http://www.erik-krause.de

        • guillaume_fulchiron
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 21, 2012
            Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > I've started to experiment with SNS-HDR lite. Very promising and in very
            > active development. Out-of-the-box results seem better than enfuse...
            >
            > Anyone using it?
            >
            > --
            > Erik Krause
            > http://www.erik-krause.de

            Thank you Erik for the tip ; sounds very promising program.
            Only one thing is missing, is a manual noise reduction setting.

            Cheers,

            G.
          • Hans
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 21, 2012

              > Hello,
              >
              > I've started to experiment with SNS-HDR lite. Very promising and in very
              > active development. Out-of-the-box results seem better than enfuse...
              >
              > Anyone using it?

              Tried to install in my Parallels Win XP but just get an error report when I open it.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 21, 2012
                Am 21.07.2012 14:41, schrieb guillaume_fulchiron:
                > Thank you Erik for the tip ; sounds very promising program.
                > Only one thing is missing, is a manual noise reduction setting.

                I tried the SNS-HDR lite only, where you can specify noise reduction
                parameters on the command line.

                Meanwhile I found a drawback: It produces annoying vertical banding f.e
                in moving clouds.

              • Sacha Griffin
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 21, 2012
                  I found photomatix can produce nearly perfect tonemaps if you can find the right settings. Then you save the presets for your scene type and done. I am flabbergasted why there are so many really bad images done with it.

                  Sacha Griffin
                  Office: 404-551-4275

                  On Jul 21, 2012, at 9:49 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

                  Am 21.07.2012 14:41, schrieb guillaume_fulchiron:
                  > Thank you Erik for the tip ; sounds very promising program.
                  > Only one thing is missing, is a manual noise reduction setting.

                  I tried the SNS-HDR lite only, where you can specify noise reduction
                  parameters on the command line.

                  Meanwhile I found a drawback: It produces annoying vertical banding f.e
                  in moving clouds.

                • Yazan Sboul
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 21, 2012
                    >> Then you save the presets for your scene type and done.

                    Would you consider sharing the scene type template settings files with us :)

                    To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                    From: sachagriffin@...
                    Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:04:20 -0400
                    Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: SNS-HDR

                    I found photomatix can produce nearly perfect tonemaps if you can find the right settings. Then you save the presets for your scene type and done. I am flabbergasted why there are so many really bad images done with it.

                    Sacha Griffin
                    Office: 404-551-4275

                    On Jul 21, 2012, at 9:49 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

                    Am 21.07.2012 14:41, schrieb guillaume_fulchiron:
                    > Thank you Erik for the tip ; sounds very promising program.
                    > Only one thing is missing, is a manual noise reduction setting.

                    I tried the SNS-HDR lite only, where you can specify noise reduction
                    parameters on the command line.

                    Meanwhile I found a drawback: It produces annoying vertical banding f.e
                    in moving clouds.

                  • Henrik
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 21, 2012
                      Its not the program that is faulty or produces bad images, its usually an error happening between the chair and the keyboard

                      Photomatix can be obvious to other users, as it does have some artifacts but it can also be corrected

                      Henrik Tived

                      I found photomatix can produce nearly perfect tonemaps if you can find the right settings Then you save the presets for your scene type and done. I am flabbergasted why there are so many really bad images done with it.

                      Sacha Griffin
                      Office: 404-551-4275

                      On Jul 21, 2012, at 9:49 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

                      Am 21.07.2012 14:41, schrieb guillaume_fulchiron:
                      > Thank you Erik for the tip ; sounds very promising program.
                      > Only one thing is missing, is a manual noise reduction setting.

                      I tried the SNS-HDR lite only, where you can specify noise reduction
                      parameters on the command line.

                      Meanwhile I found a drawback: It produces annoying vertical banding f.e
                      in moving clouds.

                    • Christian Bloch
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 21, 2012
                        Well… that's why there are as many different programs as there are automotive brands. In the end you have to pick the one that you feel comfortable with, the one that feels intuitive to you.

                        SNS-HDR is certainly awesome when you like the subtle natural style, but it can't offer the broad range of looks that Photomatix can. And if you were previously happy with Enfuse, you will most certainly like the results from SNS better (because at its core it's also based on exposure fusion).

                        Blochi

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 21, 2012
                          I think you Will need to have several HDR program.

                          Blochi seem to have a great workflow, where... Well, it's probably best if Christian describes it himself. :-)
                          Henrik

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 23, 2012
                            HI Christian,

                            How do you know it's based on expposure fusion? Just curious.

                            Jeffrey

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 24, 2012

                                Use the Tone Compressor method.

                                I still can’t get anything useable from the “more advanced” details enhancer method.

                                Best Regards,

                                Sacha Griffin

                                http://www.seeit360.com

                                http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

                                http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

                                IM: sachagriffin007@...

                                Office: 404-551-4275

                                To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                                From: sachagriffin@...
                                Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:04:20 -0400

                              • Sacha Griffin
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 24, 2012

                                  I checked SNS HDR again with their latest software.

                                  It is very very similar to photomatix tone compressor algorithm which is FREE to use non-watermarked in their trial software,

                                  plus SNR HDR DOES NOT WORK WITH PANORAMA images without leaving a zenith artifact even with the panorama option and it seems 30x slower on my machine.

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Sep 29, 2012
                                    Am 21.07.2012 15:49, schrieb Erik Krause:
                                    > Meanwhile I found a drawback: It produces annoying vertical banding f.e
                                    > in moving clouds.

                                    I must confess that this banding turned out to be caused by my camera,
                                    (probably due to overheating - I had live view on for a longer time) and
                                    was only exaggerated by SNS. So SNS isn't to blame, it only did it's job
                                    and enhanced micro-contrast...