Republic of Bananas that is the place I live....lol...

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2012
      It was only my documnetary yesterday... Can you imagine that someone steal two olympic sized pools? 58 tons (~ 130,000 pound of Alluminum)...in the second largest city in the country...and nobody knows about that...lol... : http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_KopalisceTAM/vrp_eng.html

      Bostjan
    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2012
        Oh... if that happened somewhere else that would be in headline of News... here are people humble and stoic... and reporters are mostly "cabinet people"...

        Bostjan

        It was only my documnetary yesterday... Can you imagine that someone steal two olympic sized pools? 58 tons (~ 130,000 pound of Alluminum)...in the second largest city in the country...and nobody knows about that...lol... : http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_KopalisceTAM/vrp_eng.html

        Bostjan

      • luca vascon
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2012
          well well... I understand... I always felt like home in your country. Sorry to hear it is also for some bad things.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 6, 2012
            Amazing.
            Most likely parts of the town will have some new metal sheet rooftops soon :)
            But you are not alone.
            A couple of days ago several earth conductor cables from railway lines in northern Germany were stolen. Alas, people realized pretty soon because train traffic on those lines was stopped and the lines were repaired during the night.

            Also I have heard that German cargo rail is missing a LOT of waggons without knowing where they are ...

            > It was only my documnetary yesterday... Can you imagine that someone steal two olympic sized pools? 58 tons (~ 130,000 pound of Alluminum)...in the second largest city in the country...and nobody knows about that...lol... : http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_KopalisceTAM/vrp_eng.html
            >
            > Bostjan

          • Bostjan Burger
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 6, 2012
              ...heh... two hours or even less, car drive from my place to yours is not such a distance ;)

              Bostjan

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 6, 2012
                Incredible. Those guys must have had a lot of nerve. A few years back, I was living in Costa Rica for 8 months. One day, my DSL internet went out and, when I called to see when it would be fixed, I was told that someone stole the cable from the capital San Jose to Cartago, where I lived. We are talking 15 km of cable along a major expressway (the Pan-American highway, no less!)

                Probably in both cases, it was one of those "act like you are supposed to be there and no one will bother you" situations.

                BTW - who builds a huge swimming pool out of *aluminum*? That sounds expensive, even in the command economy you had in that era.

                John

                John Riley
                4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                http://4pi-vr.com
                johnriley@...
                (h)864-461-3504
                (c)864-431-7075
                (w)864-503-5775

                On Jul 6, 2012, at 8:55 AM, Bostjan Burger wrote:

                It was only my documnetary yesterday... Can you imagine that someone steal two olympic sized pools? 58 tons (~ 130,000 pound of Alluminum)...in the second largest city in the country...and nobody knows about that...lol... : http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_KopalisceTAM/vrp_eng.html

                Bostjan

              • Christian Bloch
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 8, 2012
                  Actually, when I grew up in the GDR aluminum was considered the cheap kind of metal. Guess because it could be made from locally available resources, and the economy was not relying on cheap imports from low wage countries. Even our east german coins were made of aluminum, and it was always fun to put bite marks in them or bend them with your bare hands…

                  Blochi

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 8, 2012
                    It was same here... nearby were aluminium production facilities - it was a political order in that time (45 years ago) that most of the production of goods need to go as a "volunteer" contribution to less developed federal countries and the political center. So the idea in that time to build pools of aluminium seems logical to me ... better to have fun than giving someone for free...

                    :) Bostjan