Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Request Opiions on Software

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2012
      Yes, I have read it and there is no declaration stating that HTML5 will replace Flash in that text.

      Not to be confrontational, it's just that your previous post was misleading... at least when read with my "foreign eyes" :)

      Trausti

      On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM, texas360dave <texas360dave@...> wrote:

      Sure, I think you have probably already read this release

      http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/06/flash-player-and-android-update.html

> [...]
      > from Adobe, where they publicly state that HTML5 will replace Flash Player.
      >
      > You can switch over to using Java player, but that does not mean that Java
      > will be replacing HTML5.
      >
      > That Adobe has decided to abandon Flash mobile support for anything but
      > Windows RT and WinRT based mobile equipment is no secret, and there will be
      > a need for specialized player for Android devices, that run on version 4.1
      > or later, just as there is a special version for iDevices (Safari panos).
      >
      > How one will play 10 videos simultaneously in a HTML5 pano is simply not
      > possible, while it is easy to do in Flash. If people simply want rotating
      > images, rather than panorama projects packed with useful features and
      > functions, they should by all means cheer on HTML5, since it is so much
      > inferior to Flash in so many ways. But that being said; Flash is on a
      > sliding slope, thanks to a lot of people who have done their best to kill
      > it off.... especially the leadership of Adobe, and even I, am preparing
      > future development where the focus will not be on the best tool (Flash) but
      > rather on the watered down technology that will have to grow a lot for the
      > next many years, before it will get it's toes where Adobe has it's heels
      > today.
      >
      > There are no signs of Adobe abandoning Flash for desktops, but at this
      > point in time, I would not really be surprised if they would walk away from
      > that as well.
      >
      > Trausti
      >

      > On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM, texas360dave <texas360dave@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **

      > > You might hold off for awhile, Pano2vr will be releasing a new version 4
      > > PRO that has a nifty new tour assembly module. I have seen the demo version
      > > and it really is a great addition. Folks at Gardengnome Software apparantly
      > > hoping to release it around ?? late July early August ??.
      > >
      > > From what I have seen... Pano2vr Pro Ver 4 is worth waiting to see because
      > > it works with HTML5 which will be replacing Adobe Flash Player.
      > >
      > > Adobe put out a news release 28Jun12 saying that Flash player won't work
      > > with Android 4.0 ICS and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. So HTML 5 and Pano2VR Pro
      > > Ver 4 output is the way to go after August 15, 2012.
      > >

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Kyle" <kylegoodnight@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I am considering two vendors for tour software, Easypano and Kolor. I
      > > have looked at offerings from both. Each have some good features. Not
      > > considering price, anyone who has used the two offerings, I would greatly
      > > appreciate recommendations of which is the better package and why. If you
      > > do not want to post options in the forum, please PM me.
      > > > I have attempted to create my own HTML interface but not being well
      > > versed in coding HTML,I am not making great progress. PTGUI will be my
      > > stitching method but want a good tour interface.
      > > > Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated

    • prague
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6, 2012
        no contest whatsoever.

        Kolor

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Kyle" <kylegoodnight@...> wrote:

        > I am considering two vendors for tour software, Easypano and Kolor. I have looked at offerings from both. Each have some good features. Not considering price, anyone who has used the two offerings, I would greatly appreciate recommendations of which is the better package and why. If you do not want to post options in the forum, please PM me.
        > I have attempted to create my own HTML interface but not being well versed in coding HTML,I am not making great progress. PTGUI will be my stitching method but want a good tour interface.
        > Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated
        > Kyle

      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 6, 2012
          You shoul consider Pano2VR.
          Its not handled as easy as easypano but more versatile.

          i do use easypano & pano2vr and must admit that creating tours in flash & htm5 is much faster using easypano.
          kolor has more individual capabilties, easypano is a very good and fast tool to create a tour on the fly.
          also i must say that i didn´t use all features of ep.

          since the handling of both mentioned is complete different, i guess you better use
          the trials to see which one fittest best for you. trials work just like the licenced produkt- only watermarked.

          ciao
          mike

          http://www.virtugraf.de
          ----------------------------
          360° VR Fotografie:
          http://www.360de.de

          NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
          http://www.abstraktfoto.de
          -----------------------------
          Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
          http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 6, 2012
            Hi Trausti,
            Yes, I did/am having trouble getting the program  to work.  The day I purchased the program, we went through the program via Skype and it seemed so straight forward at the time.  Later,  on in the week when I tried to put it together, the process seemed to have escaped me.  This is not your fault, I should have written down the sequence of processing.  I am doing real estate virtual tours and need something that is fast and easy to use as I have a others creating the tours for me  as well (at my shop).

            What I need is a 1,2,3 process sequence that is will produce the tours so that I do not have to be involved their efforts to create a tour.  My clients(real estate agents)  seem to be looking for bells and whistles and novelties instead of high quality renderings.
            Panos, integrated slide show, Maps, radar, Hotspots and interesting skins design seems to the selling points instead of high quality photos.  Not that good quality photos are not important, they are...but according to the agents, that buy and pay for the tours; they want fast turnaround and features that will grab the attention of the client (buyer).

            I have seen the output of your program and it is terrific, that is what prompted me to contact you in the first place.  I saw some product from some shop(western us) but don't remember who it was. I called him and spoke directly with him and he sang the praises of your program and I was sold.  If there was some GUI that put the sequence of events in some step process, or prompted sequence,  it would be an advantage for the user.  I am sure once i got it to work, all would be well.  You can tell me many times over how to do it but until I do it myself, It will not lock  in,,,

            I have several other programs as well, 3Dvista, Pano2vr, PTgui, and a couple of others as well.  I am trying to get a product that I can use with ease and produce good output.  3Dvista is in the alpha stage of their Show4 release and should work well, Kolor Panotour also does a good job.

            Thanks for your concern and interest...much appreciated.
            KrG

            Wednesday, July 04, 2012 5:30 PM

            --
            Regards,