Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [PanoToolsNG] no Flash on android 4.1

Expand Messages
  • Kathy Wheeler
    ... One of the articles I read made two interesting observations: 1. that Flash has never really been an important part of Adobe s business; and 2. that the
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      On 07/02/2012, at 7:14 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:
      > Maybe they [ Adobe ] have a different reason, but this is my guess.

      One of the articles I read made two interesting observations: 1. that Flash has never really been an important part of Adobe's business; and 2. that the in-browser no-plug-in approach was the way to go.

      It seems to me that this eerily echos the demise of QTVR as a delivery option: not that important to the software manufacturer, and a user resistance to downloaded plug-ins in general.

      The more things change the more they stay the same ...

      KathyW.
    • Ken Warner
      ...can you say Java?
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        ...can you say Java?

        Kathy Wheeler wrote:
        > On 07/02/2012, at 7:14 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:
        >> Maybe they [ Adobe ] have a different reason, but this is my guess.
        >
        > One of the articles I read made two interesting observations: 1. that Flash has never really been an important part of Adobe's business; and 2. that the in-browser no-plug-in approach was the way to go.
        >
        > It seems to me that this eerily echos the demise of QTVR as a delivery option: not that important to the software manufacturer, and a user resistance to downloaded plug-ins in general.
        >
        > The more things change the more they stay the same ...
        >
        > KathyW.
        >
      • Ben Knill
        Adobe made their stance perfectly clear a while ago with regards to mobile - using Flash to produce apps via Air, and focusing on desktop browsers.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          Adobe made their stance perfectly clear a while ago with regards to mobile - using Flash to produce apps via Air, and focusing on desktop browsers. 


          They dropped the support for mobile browser-based Flash ages ago,  and this is just the next phase in that process. 

          But apps in Flash are getting built more and more, and open a lot more opportunities in terms of performance, capability and the benefits of a single code base. 



          On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Kathy Wheeler <kathyw@...> wrote:
           


          On 07/02/2012, at 7:14 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:
          > Maybe they [ Adobe ] have a different reason, but this is my guess.

          One of the articles I read made two interesting observations: 1. that Flash has never really been an important part of Adobe's business; and 2. that the in-browser no-plug-in approach was the way to go.

          It seems to me that this eerily echos the demise of QTVR as a delivery option: not that important to the software manufacturer, and a user resistance to downloaded plug-ins in general.

          The more things change the more they stay the same ...

          KathyW.


        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.