Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Lens needed for 8000 x 4000 with Nikon D70s

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
      Trausti, An Olympus E-3 or E-5 with those two lenses is the camera I'd like to have when I'm in he middle of the storm, in the mud, in the desert or where the elements would  destroy my D800 - 5Dmk2

      2012/6/28 Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...>

      I agree with you Ayrton; the truth should be told.  Maybe told more softly when pointing things like this out could be an option as well :)

      The Pano website relating to my panoramic services is in the making, and the person putting the texts together (in Spanish) did write that the best available cameras/lenses and software is used to create the panoramas, and I removed that part immediately from the (unfinished and not published) site, since it is not true at all.  I have equipment that can produce decent results (Olympus E-3 + Zuiko 8mm and Zuiko 12-60mm)... but this is lightyears away from coming close to the best available hardware.

      A client who knows just a little bit about cameras/lenses, would be able to tell immediately, and that again would not be kind to anyone's business that claims to have the best.  Truth is also a tool in our toolbox, and we should use it in every project we make in our working world.

      Trausti

      On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

      On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Fernando Costa Pinto <fcp.fernando@...> wrote:

      ayrton ..you are so arrogant ..

      Thanks dear Fernando :-)

      what is your purpose ? humiliate for free ? what do you win with that ? simpaty from who?

      Don't be false Fernando
      You know I'm talking about writing on a website lies that makes clients get deceived

      Saying something so strong like "spetacular highest quality"
      and producing something below above the line of that
      it is like selling some colored metal as if it was gold.

      Would be much more respectable to just write "producing beautiful 360 photography"

      To LIE like that is NOT good for our profession, for our media, for our clients ... oppps I'm sorry maybe you don't think like that

      Sorry again

      other arrogants ..can only be ...

      Fernando
      Salvador Bahia
      Brazil

      On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 7:55 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

      On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 7:35 PM, maston67 <masten7@...> wrote:
      Hi Sacha
      Right. Thanks. Big help mate. I might just hire the lens for this job see how I get on with it. Is only £25 a day over here.
      Yeah I know it's weird especially as they just want the panos for an ipad app

      To be honest what I think is weird is that on your site you state :  "producing spectacular High Definition 360 degree photography of the highest quality."

      And you say you use a D70 and worry about getting another lens or camera body !?!?!

      Sorry, but I couldn't resist

      Best

      though max ipad will do is 1024 cube faces = about 3000 x 1500, so I dunno tbh. Im sure it'll become clearer as we progress.

      Cheers

      Masten

      www.virtutour.com

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

      > D70 is 8mp at 1.6 crop if I remember correctly. Equivalent to a 5dii full
      > frame. So that's around 9000x4500 minimum. That's bizarre that a client is
      > smart enough to request those dimensions. You must be directly competing
      > with someone else's quote.
      >

      > Sacha Griffin
      > Southern Digital Solutions LLC  - Atlanta, Georgia
      > http://www.seeit360.com
      > http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
      > http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
      > IM: sachagriffin007@...
      > Office: 404-551-4275
      >
      > On Jun 26, 2012, at 5:01 PM, maston67 <masten7@...> wrote:
      >

      > Hi Sacha
      >
      > Right thanks. Do you know exactly what resolution it will generate or how I
      > can work it out. I dont want to get one and it not be enough.
      >
      > Are there any other options? Sigma 10mm?
      >
      > Thanks a lot
      >
      > Masten
      >
      > Masten Gregory
      >
      > www.virtutour.com
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > That's too funny.
      > >
      > > That would be absolute fraud and it wouldn't make that sigma 8mm look any
      > > better.
      > >
      > > For a D70, a Nikon 10.5 would get you there. I haven't used the 10.5 on a
      > > crop in a while, but I think it's 6 around, 1 up and 2 down or vice versa.
      > >

      > > Best Regards,
      > >

      > > Sacha Griffin
      > >
      > > Southern Digital Solutions LLC - Atlanta, Georgia
      > >
      > > <http://www.seeit360.com/> http://www.seeit360.com
      > >
      > > <http://twitter.com/SeeIt360> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
      > >
      > > <http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360> http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360
      > >
      > > IM: <mailto:sachagriffin007@> sachagriffin007@
      > >
      > > Office: 404-551-4275

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Luca Vascon.

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 30, 2012
        Am 29.06.2012 01:10, schrieb Trausti Hraunfjord:
        > :) ... I may have been taken over by some soul-snatching aliens. ...
        > or it could be an effect of having enough arguments around me with my
        > kids (2 and 5 year old) fighting each other every waking hour ... I
        > think that must be the real reason.

        Don't attribute to your children what actually this group did. ;-)

        It's love it or leave it. Since you didn't leave you must love it and
        love softens :-)

        Sorry, could not resist...