Re: [PanoToolsNG] Best kit for horizontal pole panos

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2012
      On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM, panobanano <ronrack@...> wrote:
      Hi Friends,
      Been watching the discussion on the smaller camera kits etc but not sure if any consensus reached about what is best for radical horizontal pole panos? I use a d300 with nikon 10.5mm which works well for me but I am extremely nervous when I hang it out there on my Nodal Ninja pole especially horizontally!! So I am in the market for the best combo lens and camera for extreme pole work. Looking for light weight obviously but need remote ability and I would think the ability to do 4 around(?) with complete coverage. Not sure how necessary it would be to have auto bracket because I wouldn't be able to use it most of the time on the pole due to the swaying but would be great to have for "normal" panos. RAW files are a must though.
      Anybody have good suggestions as to what I should consider??

      Ron
      If you don't need bracketing and it is a Nikon user already ...

      I just bought a Nikon D3200 for $650,00 with a kit lens (18-55mm VR II)

      And it is SMAAAALLLLL
      and light very light
      and it's a 24 mpx sensor, the Nikon representative in our speech at NYC2012, explained that it is the evolution of the D7000 sensor.

      Maybe you can try one with the sigma FE 8mm lens

      Best regards

      thanks,

      ron rack
      http://360around.com

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Ron Rack
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2012
        Thanks Ayrton, That does sound interesting. I will check it out. Does anyone else have a solution that they are using now that works well on a pole (horizontal)?

        ron rack

[...]

      • Trausti Hraunfjord