Large Object VR

  • Luc Villeneuve
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 26, 2012
      Did you ever see this kind of 360 object?

      http://www.360-image.com/demo/chateau360/

      Comments are welcome

      Luc
      www.360-image.com
    • Briar
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 26, 2012

        I create 360 objects for product display but not “quite” as big! A very accurate helicopter pilot I would think.

        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 26, 2012
          Well... I gave him tight rules but the wind was definitely "in play". It was from an airplane. One image is blurred because the plane drop quickly. Images were taken at 1/800e. This kind of images requires a LOT of post-processing.
          Luc

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 26, 2012

            I’ve given up on fixed-wing aircraft shots, the extra cost of a helicopter is more than off-set by the greater accuracy (if the pilot is good).

            A great Object Movie, I would have liked your shot more if it had not been so jerky….I try to take at least 36 shots around to create a smooth film-like movement (easy when you are using a turn-table)

            Did you ever see this kind of 360 object?

            http://www.360-image.com/demo/chateau360/

            Comments are welcome

            Luc
            www.360-image.com

          • Gerhard Killesreiter
            • Luc Villeneuve
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 26, 2012
                Hi Gerhard,

                For a ground shot, you have to move around your subject to take all the shots. If you want 36 shots, you have to move 10° from the center if the object between shots.

                Luc

              • Gerhard Killesreiter
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 26, 2012
                    Am 26.06.2012 22:20, schrieb Luc Villeneuve:

                    > Well... I gave him tight rules but the wind was definitely "in play". It
                    > was from an airplane. One image is blurred because the plane drop
                    > quickly. Images were taken at 1/800e. This kind of images requires a LOT
                    > of post-processing.

                    Since the images have to be relatively small anyway, why not take a HD
                    video? You would have plenty of images to choose from...

                    BTW.: I always wondered why no video compression format is used for
                    object movies. It is far from optimal to store hundreds of single
                    images. There are even techniques to calculate intermediate images, f.e.
                    for artificial slow motion (twixtor, AviSynth MSU Frame Rate Conversion
                    Filter etc.)...

                  • Trausti Hraunfjord

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 26, 2012
                        I remember Scott Highton at an IVRPA meeting showing an object movie of the Golden Gate bridge. I believe he shot it from a fixed-wing airplane.

                        John

                        John Riley
                        4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                        http://4pi-vr.com
                        johnriley@...
                        (h)864-461-3504
                        (c)864-431-7075
                        (w)864-503-5775

                        On Jun 26, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Luc Villeneuve wrote:

                        Did you ever see this kind of 360 object?

                        http://www.360-image.com/demo/chateau360/

                        Comments are welcome

                        Luc
                        www.360-image.com

                      • guillaume_fulchiron
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 27, 2012
                          "Luc Villeneuve" <luc_villeneuve@...> wrote:

                          > Did you ever see this kind of 360 object?
                          >
                          > http://www.360-image.com/demo/chateau360/
                          >
                          > Comments are welcome
                          >
                          > Luc
                          > www.360-image.com

                          Ayrton shot a huge object :
                          http://ayrton.com/360/fs/pages/elpaso2007plataforma.html

                          I remember some aerial object like yours, was maybe over Moscow or other city of Eastern european country but i cannot find the link :-(

                          Cheers,

                          G.
                        • guillaume_fulchiron
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 27, 2012
                            There it is :
                            http://3dsnimok.ru/test/test.swf

                            G.

                            "guillaume_fulchiron" <guillaume.fulchiron@...> wrote:

                            > "Luc Villeneuve" <luc_villeneuve@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Did you ever see this kind of 360 object?
                            > >
                            > > http://www.360-image.com/demo/chateau360/
                            > >
                            > > Comments are welcome
                            > >
                            > > Luc
                            > > www.360-image.com
                            > >

                            > Ayrton shot a huge object :
                            > http://ayrton.com/360/fs/pages/elpaso2007plataforma.html
                            >
                            > I remember some aerial object like yours, was maybe over Moscow or other city of Eastern european country but i cannot find the link :-(
                            >
                            > Cheers,
                            >
                            > G.

                          • Matt Smith
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 27, 2012
                              Trausti,

                              I can not in any way figure out how you are going to shoot the multi-rows. The sync up with the multiple rows will be difficult. Additionally, the amount of post edit in all of the frames will make the idea counter productive.

                              Good luck on it, I hope you figure out a few of the bumps in the road

                              Matt Smith
                              PhotoSpherix
                              317.396.5791
                              Indianapolis, Indiana USA

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 27, 2012
                                  It is the sync between the rows that is the issue. Even if you shoot.with multiple cameras, you can not mount the item in a way to get all of the rows. Additionally if you were.to shoot a "144" frame rotation, then you would need 72 video cameras to shoot all of the rows in unison. Remember that the object has to set on somethong.most of the time and you can not c.ring the cameras so that theu get every angle. I bring this all up because I have been down this road.in the past.

                                  They do make great single row.rotations though.

[...]

                                  MI
                                • Trausti Hraunfjord
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 27, 2012
                                    You mean that I missed the "Headaches ahead" road sign?  :)

                                    I know that you have extensive experience in this area, but I still hope that we can get a solution.

                                    Trausti

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jun 27, 2012
                                      I hope you can as well :)

                                      It might be more doable today with a bunch of gopros all rigged to shoot.

                                      Matt Smith
                                      PhotoSpherix
                                      317.396.5791
                                      Indianapolis, Indiana USA

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jun 27, 2012
                                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "guillaume_fulchiron" <guillaume.fulchiron@...> wrote:

                                        > There it is :
                                        > http://3dsnimok.ru/test/test.swf
                                        >
                                        > G.

                                        Programs like Autodesk's 123D Catch (used to be called Photofly) or Photoscan have exports that contain the positions and orientations of each camera position (FBX with 123D Catch). This data can help the post-processing stabilization.

                                        PeterM