Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Nikon Nikkor 13mm f5.6

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 25, 2012
      Yesss.
      No good adapter avaliable, and the MAIN problem is that focus IS  by wire, so no diafragm or focusing is avaliable unless the lens is wired and electronically controlled.
      The 12mm f2.0 is indeed a SWEEEET lens, and it costs a damm fortune too.
      7-17 Panasonic is also in the same league. As 9-18, even if a tad weaker.

      2012/6/22 Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>
      The problem with using M4/3 lenses on a NEX is that there is no good adapter.  At least that's what I know about it.  If someone has a link to a good adapter -- and not the one on ebay -- could you post?

      John Riley wrote:
      > On Jun 22, 2012, at 10:11 AM, luca vascon wrote:
      >
      >> This is a collector item. No panoramic true use.
      >>
      >> If yuo find a good example of the 12-24 sigma it is better, and a 14-24 f2.8 Nikkor is EVEN FAR BETTER!
      >> 12mm Heliar sucks on digital sensors (tested on the Nex 5N is so-so, maybe can work around....)
      >>

      > Luca - have you tried the Olympus Zuiko D 12mm f/2.0 micro-4/3 lens on NEX? I wonder if it would vignette. It is a sweeeeet lens, wide and bright! I love it on my Olympus Pen E-P2 and use it on occasion for hand-held cylinders/partial cylinders. You can even slide the focus by wire ring back and manual focus with a DOF scale. I assume it is still electronic, but it has end stops and feels like the real deal manual. I don't know why they don't make all of them that way.
      >
      > John
      >
      > John Riley
      > 4Pi-VR Media Solutions
      > http://4pi-vr.com