nano TIFF_multilayer core

  • Benjamin Burkhart
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18 5:25 AM
      Hi all,

      Got a seg fault...
      hugin-tools is version 2011.0.0+dfsg-2build1 on ubuntu.

      So here's the first question -- do I install the latest version before
      talking about this?

      Or do I go to Ubuntu's launchpad and talk to them?

      Anyway I do:
      $> nona -m TIFF_multilayer -o 5p_ml 5.pto
      seg fault
      $>
      gdb $(which nona) core
      GNU gdb (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.3-0ubuntu2) 7.3-2011.08
      <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
      There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
      and "show warranty" for details.
      This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
      <http://bugs.launchpad.net/gdb-linaro/>...
      Reading symbols from /usr/bin/nona...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
      [New LWP 13111]

      warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
      Core was generated by `nona -m TIFF_multilayer -o 5p_ml 5.pto'.
      #0 0x00007fdeae42590b in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
      (gdb) bt full
      #0 0x00007fdeae42590b in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
      No symbol table info available.
      #1 0x00007fdeaf1044f9 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so.4
      No symbol table info available.
      #2 0x00007fdeaf104937 in TIFFSetField () from
      /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so.4
      No symbol table info available.
      #3 0x00007fdeafd8b517 in
      HuginBase::Nona::TiffMultiLayerRemapper<vigra::BasicImage<vigra::RGBValue<unsigned
      char, 0u, 1u, 2u>, std::allocator<vigra::RGBValue<unsigned char, 0u, 1u,
      2u> > >, vigra::BasicImage<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char>

      #4 0x00007fdeafd5eeb8 in
      HuginBase::Nona::MultiImageRemapper<vigra::BasicImage<vigra::RGBValue<unsigned
      char, 0u, 1u, 2u>, std::allocator<vigra::RGBValue<unsigned char, 0u, 1u,
      2u> > >, vigra::BasicImage<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char>
      > >::stitch(HuginBase::PanoramaOptions const&, std::set<unsigned int,
      std::less<unsigned int>, std::allocator<unsigned int> >&, std::string
      const&,
      HuginBase::Nona::SingleImageRemapper<vigra::BasicImage<vigra::RGBValue<unsigned
      #5 0x00007fdeafd54f1c in
      HuginBase::Nona::stitchPanoRGB_8_16(HuginBase::PanoramaData const&,
      HuginBase::PanoramaOptions const&, AppBase::MultiProgressDisplay&,
      std::string const&, std::set<unsigned int, std::less<unsigned int>,
      std::allocator<unsigned int> > const&, char const*) ()
      #6 0x00007fdeaff27bfe in
      HuginBase::Nona::stitchPanorama(HuginBase::PanoramaData const&,
      HuginBase::PanoramaOptions const&, AppBase::MultiProgressDisplay&,
      std::string const&, std::set<unsigned int, std::less<unsigned int>,
      std::allocator<unsigned int> > const&) () from
      #7 0x00007fdeafa23bbb in
      HuginBase::NonaFileOutputStitcher::runStitcher() () from
      #8 0x0000000000405fe7 in main ()
      No symbol table info available.
      (gdb) f 3
      #3 0x00007fdeafd8b517 in
      HuginBase::Nona::TiffMultiLayerRemapper<vigra::BasicImage<vigra::RGBValue<unsigned
      char, 0u, 1u, 2u>, std::allocator<vigra::RGBValue<unsigned char, 0u, 1u,
      2u> > >, vigra::BasicImage<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char>

      >::saveRemapped(HuginBase::Nona::RemappedPanoImage<vigra::BasicImage<vigra::RGBValue<unsigned char, 0u, 1u, 2u>, std::allocator<vigra::RGBValue<unsigned char, 0u, 1u, 2u> > >, vigra::BasicImage<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char> > >&, unsigned int, unsigned int, HuginBase::PanoramaOptions const&) () from /usr/lib/hugin/libhuginbase.so.0.0
      (gdb) i loc
      No symbol table info available.
      (gdb)

      So to get a symbol table, I tried to build that library and use it via
      LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But either that lib doesn't get used, or I get an
      'unreadable' core file.

      Where do I go from here?

      Cheers,
      Benjamin.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 18 12:41 PM
        Am 18.06.2012 14:25, schrieb Benjamin Burkhart:

        > Got a seg fault...
        > hugin-tools is version 2011.0.0+dfsg-2build1 on ubuntu.

        Although there is a chance you get an answer here it might be better to
        go to the hugin list instead where all the developers are:
        http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

      • Bruno Postle
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 18 2:18 PM
          On Tue 19-Jun-2012 at 00:25 +1200, Benjamin Burkhart wrote:

          >Got a seg fault...
          >hugin-tools is version 2011.0.0+dfsg-2build1 on ubuntu.
          >
          >So here's the first question -- do I install the latest version before
          >talking about this?
          >
          >Or do I go to Ubuntu's launchpad and talk to them?
          >
          >Anyway I do:
          >$> nona -m TIFF_multilayer -o 5p_ml 5.pto
          >seg fault

          I don't see this problem with a recent Hugin snapshot, so definitely
          try a newer version, there have been two stable releases since
          Hugin 2011.0.0.

          Though I'm half-surprised that 'TIFF_multilayer' still works at all
          since Hugin hasn't used it for a very long time. I would create a
          multipage TIFF file by asking Hugin to keep the 'intermediate
          images' when stitching, then joining these together with the tiffcp
          tool.

          Erik is right that you are probably better asking very technical
          Hugin questions on the Hugin-PTX mailing list.

          --
          Bruno
        • Benjamin Burkhart
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 20 2:46 AM
            Am 19.06.2012 09:18, schrieb Bruno Postle:
            > On Tue 19-Jun-2012 at 00:25 +1200, Benjamin Burkhart wrote:
            >>
            >> Got a seg fault...
            >> hugin-tools is version 2011.0.0+dfsg-2build1 on ubuntu.
            >>
            >> So here's the first question -- do I install the latest version before
            >> talking about this?
            >>
            >> Or do I go to Ubuntu's launchpad and talk to them?
            >>
            >> Anyway I do:
            >> $> nona -m TIFF_multilayer -o 5p_ml 5.pto
            >> seg fault
            >
            > I don't see this problem with a recent Hugin snapshot, so definitely
            > try a newer version, there have been two stable releases since
            > Hugin 2011.0.0.
            >
            > Though I'm half-surprised that 'TIFF_multilayer' still works at all
            > since Hugin hasn't used it for a very long time. I would create a
            > multipage TIFF file by asking Hugin to keep the 'intermediate
            > images' when stitching, then joining these together with the tiffcp
            > tool.
            >
            > Erik is right that you are probably better asking very technical
            > Hugin questions on the Hugin-PTX mailing list.

            Right. Thanks so far. Got me the 2011.4 code and compiled it.

            All I really want is the separate layers in a tiff file. Or otherwise
            tiff files of the canvas size so I can stack them myself.

            If there is an option for that in the stitcher tab then I haven't found
            it -- help?

            What I get from hugin is
            * a tiff with everything blended into one layer
            * and tiff images that are just enough for that image's contents, as
            opposed to the canvas size.

            I.e.
            +-+
            |1|
            +-+
            ,
            +-+
            |2|
            +-+
            and
            +-+
            |3|
            +-+
            when I want
            +---+
            |1 |
            +---+
            ,
            +---+
            | 2 |
            +---+
            and
            +---+
            | 3|
            +---+

            Does that come across? If not I'll think of a different way to explain...

            Apart from that, nona in v 2011.4 just refuses service:
            $> nona -m TIFF_multilayer -o 5p 5p.pto
            WARN: 21:35:31.886305
            (/home/benni/Software/photography/hugin/hugin-2011.4.0/src/hugin_base/panodata/Panorama.cpp:1792)
            readData(): Failed to read from dataInput.
            error while parsing panos tool script: 5p.pto

            So I look in the code and it turns out that the source of the error gets
            swallowed :( but as you say, that's an issue for a different list.

            Cheers,
            Benjamin.
            --
            http://flickr.com/benjamin_b
            +64 21 130 7507
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 20 3:36 AM
              On Wed 20-Jun-2012 at 21:46 +1200, Benjamin Burkhart wrote:
              >Am 19.06.2012 09:18, schrieb Bruno Postle:
              >> On Tue 19-Jun-2012 at 00:25 +1200, Benjamin Burkhart wrote:

              >> Though I'm half-surprised that 'TIFF_multilayer' still works at all
              >> since Hugin hasn't used it for a very long time. I would create a
              >> multipage TIFF file by asking Hugin to keep the 'intermediate
              >> images' when stitching, then joining these together with the tiffcp
              >> tool.

              >All I really want is the separate layers in a tiff file. Or otherwise
              >tiff files of the canvas size so I can stack them myself.

              >What I get from hugin is

              >* a tiff with everything blended into one layer
              >* and tiff images that are just enough for that image's contents, as
              >opposed to the canvas size.

              These intermediate TIFF files do actually contain the image offsets
              that place them correctly in the canvas, though some software
              ignores this offset metadata.

              The simplest way to create a multipage TIFF file is to assemble it
              from these intermediate files using tiffcp:

              tiffcp pano_0001.tif pano_0002.tif pano_0003.tif multilayer.tif

              This TIFF file will happily open in GIMP (for example) as a
              multilayer image with all the correct offsets.

              >Apart from that, nona in v 2011.4 just refuses service:
              >$> nona -m TIFF_multilayer -o 5p 5p.pto
              >error while parsing panos tool script: 5p.pto

              It looks like it doesn't like your project file, have you edited it
              by hand?

              --
              Bruno
            • Benjamin Burkhart
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 26 3:39 AM
                Am 20.06.2012 22:36, schrieb Bruno Postle:
                > These intermediate TIFF files do actually contain the image offsets
                > that place them correctly in the canvas, though some software
                > ignores this offset metadata.
                >
                > The simplest way to create a multipage TIFF file is to assemble it
                > from these intermediate files using tiffcp:
                >
                > tiffcp pano_0001.tif pano_0002.tif pano_0003.tif multilayer.tif
                >
                > This TIFF file will happily open in GIMP (for example) as a
                > multilayer image with all the correct offsets.

                Just wanted to let you know that this worked fine. Thanks a lot!

                >> >Apart from that, nona in v 2011.4 just refuses service:
                >> >$> nona -m TIFF_multilayer -o 5p 5p.pto
                >> >error while parsing panos tool script: 5p.pto
                > It looks like it doesn't like your project file, have you edited it
                > by hand?

                No, I hadn't... Not sure what was wrong but I used tiffcp in the end.

                Cheers,
                Benjamin.

                --
                http://flickr.com/benjamin_b