800e moire?

  • john law
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2012
      Hello Robert
      What is OLPF ?
      No access to an 800 but my 2nd 'e' test shows some moire on the footpath.
      Subsequently I've taken hundreds of shots with the e and not had any moire probs, perhaps I'm not looking hard enough?
      My first halting video efforts didn't show any either. An excellent machine IMHO

      bw

      John Law ARPS
      JL Panoramas
      www.john-law.org.uk
      mail@...
      t:   01225 339590
      m: 07814 993904

    • jimbo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2012
        John
        I beleive it mean ssharpening or insharp mask.. typically it's a term used in video jargon.. I now have Premier Pro and it has a filter you can apply.. As far as the moire issue with the "e" version. I have used a friends med format back many times which has no filter...based on my expereince with that I made my decision to get the "e" model. Since getting it I've been going out of my way to create Moire issues so I could better understand it and thus be better able to deal with it. So far I've only been able get it on two items .. fabric and a regular window screen ..but all my fooling has been in the studio.. in both of those cases it would only occur in a particular test shot where the subject pattern apparently woudl match the sensor pattern.. I would make several exposures of teh same subject at various zoom levels & aperature openings.. and I could get one of them to have it.. In all cases by stopping down a stop or of course using a diffewrent zoom level it went away.. It was actually a rare occurance.. I think the MP level is high enough that not much will line up with it. It will be more of an issue with video which is typically the case as the rez is lower.. I'm more concerned with color Moire as I like to photograph birds.. This week I hope to do some of that so we'll see how it shakes out.. I just did a full frame pretty tight head shot of one of our cats.. the image blew me away.. no moire issues at all and the detail present was well beyond anything I would have expected..

        jmbo  ----- Original Message -----
        No access to an 800 but my 2nd 'e' test shows some moire on the footpath.
        Subsequently I've taken hundreds of shots with the e and not had any moire probs, perhaps I'm not looking hard enough?
        My first halting video efforts didn't show any either. An excellent machine IMHO

        bw

        John Law ARPS
        JL Panoramas
        www.john-law.org.uk
        mail@...
        t:   01225 339590
        m: 07814 993904

        No virus found in this message.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2012
          Am 18.06.2012 13:05, schrieb john law:
          > What is OLPF ?

          Optical Low Pass Filter. Used to reduce moire:
          http://www.optics-online.com/lpf.asp
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing_filter