Re: Low light Canon 8-15mm

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2012
      No it is the Brigette Bardot
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Brigitte_Bardot
      ... once holder of the Guinness record for powered circumnavigation of the earth. The pontoon on the wharf side almost broke off in heavy seas a few months ago and it has recently been repaired --
      >>The repair process, with a cost of over $250,000, involved placing the ship in a hermetically sealed chamber>>!

      PeterM

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Paul D. DeRocco" <pderocco@...> wrote:

      > > From: panovrx
      > >
      > > http://www.mediavr.com/vivid2012/helipad.htm
      > >
      > > during a lighting festival ..
      > >
      > > this is at 2000ISO at 12mm at maximum aperture f4.5 at 1/8th
      > > on 5DMkII. Usually for night shots I am still using my 10.5mm
      > > Nikkor because it is 1 1/3 stops brighter wide open but the
      > > Canon lens has better flare resistance,it is sharper at the
      > > edges and freezing the pedestrians wasnt essential.
      > >
      > > These kind of night shots are nicer if there are some low
      > > clouds -- otherwise half the panorama is just blackness with
      > > stars -- and the stars look more like faults than anything.
      > > But you work with what youve got.
      >
      > Really nice job. That's the kind of VR I like: lots of stuff to look at.
      >
      > What's that little trimaran called? It looks like it says Brigitte Bordu,
      > and it looks a bit like a miniature of the famous Brigitte Bardot. Could it
      > have been designed by the same person?
      >
      > --
      >
      > Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
      > Paul mailto:pderocco@...

    • Paul D. DeRocco
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2012
        > From: panovrx
        >
        > No it is the Brigette Bardot
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Brigitte_Bardot

        Really? The other pix I saw of the Bardot looked a lot bigger. But I believe
        you.

        --

        Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
        Paul mailto:pderocco@...