RE: [PanoToolsNG] Low light Canon 8-15mm

  • Paul D. DeRocco
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2012
      > From: panovrx
      >
      > http://www.mediavr.com/vivid2012/helipad.htm
      >
      > during a lighting festival ..
      >
      > this is at 2000ISO at 12mm at maximum aperture f4.5 at 1/8th
      > on 5DMkII. Usually for night shots I am still using my 10.5mm
      > Nikkor because it is 1 1/3 stops brighter wide open but the
      > Canon lens has better flare resistance,it is sharper at the
      > edges and freezing the pedestrians wasnt essential.
      >
      > These kind of night shots are nicer if there are some low
      > clouds -- otherwise half the panorama is just blackness with
      > stars -- and the stars look more like faults than anything.
      > But you work with what youve got.

      Really nice job. That's the kind of VR I like: lots of stuff to look at.

      What's that little trimaran called? It looks like it says Brigitte Bordu,
      and it looks a bit like a miniature of the famous Brigitte Bardot. Could it
      have been designed by the same person?

      --

      Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
      Paul mailto:pderocco@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2012
        No it is the Brigette Bardot
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Brigitte_Bardot
        ... once holder of the Guinness record for powered circumnavigation of the earth. The pontoon on the wharf side almost broke off in heavy seas a few months ago and it has recently been repaired --
        >>The repair process, with a cost of over $250,000, involved placing the ship in a hermetically sealed chamber>>!

        PeterM

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Paul D. DeRocco" <pderocco@...> wrote:

        > > From: panovrx
        > >
        > > http://www.mediavr.com/vivid2012/helipad.htm
        > >
        > > during a lighting festival ..
        > >
        > > this is at 2000ISO at 12mm at maximum aperture f4.5 at 1/8th
        > > on 5DMkII. Usually for night shots I am still using my 10.5mm
        > > Nikkor because it is 1 1/3 stops brighter wide open but the
        > > Canon lens has better flare resistance,it is sharper at the
        > > edges and freezing the pedestrians wasnt essential.
        > >
        > > These kind of night shots are nicer if there are some low
        > > clouds -- otherwise half the panorama is just blackness with
        > > stars -- and the stars look more like faults than anything.
        > > But you work with what youve got.
        >
        > Really nice job. That's the kind of VR I like: lots of stuff to look at.
        >
        > What's that little trimaran called? It looks like it says Brigitte Bordu,
        > and it looks a bit like a miniature of the famous Brigitte Bardot. Could it
        > have been designed by the same person?
        >
        > --
        >
        > Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
        > Paul mailto:pderocco@...

      • Paul D. DeRocco
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 10, 2012
          > From: panovrx
          >
          > No it is the Brigette Bardot
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Brigitte_Bardot

          Really? The other pix I saw of the Bardot looked a lot bigger. But I believe
          you.

          --

          Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
          Paul mailto:pderocco@...