Re: Pentax Q camera with fisheye

  • prague
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 6, 2012
      the body seems to be expensive but damn, that is a sexy camera. and tiny! i have to say, i find it very tempting.

      luca, what is the ideal non-mirror camera pano setup in your opinion? please, just tell me one configuration.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

      > "A Ricoh Company" what a shame...
      > Well. Pentax Q is not bad, the lens is quite good, but the body is foolish
      > priced.
      >
      > 2012/6/5 panovrx <panovrx@...>
      >
      > > http://panoramicum.de/q/
      > >
      > > this is the first 360 I have seen with the Pentax Q. Not bad for a $130
      > > fisheye.
      > >
      > > PeterM
      > >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panovrx" <panovrx@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Here are a couple of pages with Pentax Q fisheye lens tests:
      > > > http://nedbunnell.posterous.com/a-few-more-03-fish-eye-lens-images
      > > > (these are processed from raw)
      > > >

      > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/27812652@N03/6111698606/in/photostream/lightbox/
      > > >
      > > > PentaxForums say Cmount to PentaxQ adapters are in the works
      > > >
      > > http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q-forum/158310-various-adapters-pentax-q.htmlso the Fujinon fisheyes could be used on the Q
      > > >
      > > > PeterM

      > > shrink the sensor as well, making
      > > (ILC), but also the cam with the
      > > 1/2.3-inch backlit CMOS image
      > > and APS-C sensors used in Micro
      > > quality is dependent on sensor size,
      > > instead, its images are most
      > > compact (which, ahem, don't cost $800).

      > > http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/23/pentax-releases-q-worlds-smallest-interchangeable-lens-digital/

      > > http://www.pentaximaging.com/camera-lenses/PENTAX_03_Fish-Eye_Lens_for_Q-Series_Cameras/

      > > see it at least seems to focus. In other places I read - it shares good
      > > coatings with the "prime" Q lenses but lacks their in lens shutters.
      > > Meaning you miss out on the flash sync to 1/2000 of those lenses.

      > > to sensor distance and simple looking mount so just about any lens could be
      > > used on it with an adapter I think. 5.6X fl equivalent. So equivalent to a
      > > 1200mm on FF would be about a 200mm on this.

      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > --
      > >

      > --
      > Luca Vascon.
      > --
      > www.lucavascon.net
      > Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
      > Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.
      >
      > www.officinepanottiche.com
      > www.nuovostudio.it

    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 6, 2012
        it is depending in how you do use it, how do you want it to behave, if you want to remote it, what are your video needs, how much wuold you like to pay

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Luca Vascon.

      • prague
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 7, 2012
          mostly panos, and sometimes a portrait or two.
          video? don't they all do video?

        • luca vascon
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 7, 2012
            :-)
            As I supposed.
            No panasonic but the GH series allow manual mode in video...
            All Olympus do that, but many small ones only do have 720p and record with lower bit rate
            The Panny-Oly 12mp sensor is an honest one, not special, that is used to its very limits. It has a narrow gamma, good colors, and shines  till 400 iso. In case of low light, night shots etc, you'd better to use the lowest iso remove stabilizations, and use a tripod. You can get rid of lack of colors etc.
            Olympus are more "cameras", have better flash controls and they do have in-camera IS, that means every old lens you put on will be stabilized. Panny are more pragmatic and rational, their lenses are dam good.

            Occasional panoramas, everyday shoots, portraits:
            Olympus EPL3 or EPM1
            Lenses
            7.5 Samyang
            14 Panny