Re: [PanoToolsNG] D4 vs D800 vs D7000 vs D300 + 10.5mm vs 16mm

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2012
      Thank you for very thorough comparison test.
      Very cool. So the 16mm it is then...

      On Jun 5, 2012, at 4:42 PM, belmeloro wrote:

      I recently had a chance to do a comparative test of these Nikons with the DX and FX Nikon fisheyes (where appropriate) to see how they compare in IQ from 100-3200 ISO. I wrote up the results:

      http://stefangeens.com/2012/06/test-which-nikon-is-best-for-shooting-360-degree-panoramas/

      My overall conclusions:

      - While the D300-10.5mm pairing evenly matches lens quality with the demands of the sensor, the D7000-10.5mm and D800-10.5mm pairings do not, with the 10.5mm lens proving too soft along the edges.

      - The D800-16mm pairing offers the highest resolving power. Even when downsampled to match the D4′s output, the D800 maintains an edge.

      - The D4-16mm pairing offers the best low-light versatility, holding on to tonal gradations longer as ISO increases.