Wii U has tracked 360 video panorama viewing

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2012
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jun/05/wii-u-e3-2012-first-hands-on (at the bottom of the article)

      >>The final thing we got our paws on was a considerably developed version of one of last year's most eye-catching tech-demos, now officially dubbed Wii U Panorama View. It wasn't a game as such, but an intriguing collection of 3D videos, filmed using a technology that lets you look around their scenes as if you were actually there, by swinging the Wii U Gamepad around.

      The first one we saw placed us in the middle of the procession of dancers at the Rio Carnival: as they danced past you, you could turn around with the Wii U Gamepad and watch their retreating backs. You could also zoom in with the right trigger.>>

      talking 360 video the Gopro Wifi remote has been finally released -- which has potential for simplifying 360 camera arrays -- there is a video on their site which shows I think a 35 camera synced 10 shot burst (of a skateboarder of course -- jumping a yellow cab in NYC) which was maybe shot with the Wifi gadget

      Also tracking is getting more accurate and cheaper and more easily programmable
      http://vimeo.com/32898673
      .. and now there are affordable HD HMDs
      http://www.siliconmicrodisplay.com/st1080.html
      http://www.sony.com.au/microsite/hmd/index.html
      .. ideal for tracked viewing of stereo panoramas

      PeterM