Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera for panos?

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 3 9:24 AM
      Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the Pentax K-01, for making panos?

      If so, what has been your experience? What is your opinion? Please advise. Thanks.

      -- Peter
    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 3 9:36 AM
        I have a Sony NEX as do a few others. Great camera. Both Pentax and Nikon use Sony sensors. Mirrors don't take pictures. Lenses and sensors do (yes, gross simplification).

        Peter wrote:
        > Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the Pentax K-01, for making panos?
        >
        > If so, what has been your experience? What is your opinion? Please advise. Thanks.
        >
        > -- Peter

      • luca vascon
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 3 12:48 PM
          I do have a small Panasonic GF2 and an Olympus EPL1 with te supersmall Samyang 7.
          Nothing is comparable to micro 4/3 as for size and lens choice (if you want to use a system).
          Sony Nex 5n has the best sensor, nex7 even better, but they do have poor lens choice, lenses are bigger. If I can succeed in modifying that small sammy fish in a GOOD way, nex5n or c3 could be a good buy.

          Please consider that a D3200 plus 10.5 nikkor could come out for less than 1k euros.

          As for camera to keep in my pocket...
          In the moment, I still think that Olympus EPL3-EPM1 are the best choice (Panny g1x has no manual control over video). Lenses I have or I tested:

          14-45 and 14-42 both from Panasonic and Olympus:
          They looked good to me, nothing special, but far better than Canon 18-55 kit lens, I'd say a bit better than any other kit zoom from any other dslr I tested so far. Specially the last "metal look" Olympus version. They are really fast and silent in focusing, even in continuous focusing during video rec.

          7-14 panny, very good overpriced
          7.5 Samyang, marvelous and underpriced HAVE IT
          8 Panasonic, marvellous overpriced
          8-18 olympus, very good
          12 olympus, very good overpriced
          14 panny, very good, right price. I HAVE IT
          17 olympus, good, a bit pricey, but can't live without
          20 panny, dam good, I WILL BUY 2n hand
          25 pannyleica, marvellous, I do prefer the 20 and it is overpriced
          45 macro panny overpriced, very good lens, focus problems
          45 Oly, a must have, underpriced, marvellous. I WILL BUY
          45-200 panasonic, Very good, right price

          Keep in mind that there is IN CAMERA CORRECTION for CA and GEOMETRY, that is not perfect but effective.
          the 12mp sensor is good, again far from perfect and do not spot the same tonal extension of the Sony 16mp APSC one. You should not overpass 400iso for panoramas, and 100 iso if you shoot at night.
          Maybe the OMD could be a good reflex substitute for panos (I'd use the Nikon3200+10.5 instead!) and maybe I'd not use my pocket setup for hi-level jobs, but still I do endorse the micro 4/3 as system. It is REALLY good, enjoyable, usable and useful.
          My small Nodal Ninja head looks superchunky in comparision!!!

          2012/6/3 Peter <peter@...>
          Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the Pentax K-01, for making panos?

          If so, what has been your experience?  What is your opinion?  Please advise.  Thanks.

           -- Peter

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          Luca Vascon.

        • Ken Warner
          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 3 3:46 PM
            The D3200 has the same sensor (I think) as the NEX 7 and is half the price.

            Wait a few months and you could probably pick up a D3200 body for $500.
            But some of the features are limited like no exposure bracketing. And
            it's heavier than the NEX 7 -- 18oz vs 12.5oz.

            But new cameras are coming out so often that in a month there could be even
            better, cheaper camera both with and without mirrors.

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 29 , Jun 3 4:02 PM
              The D3200 I was informed by NIKON's Marketing Director

              who is my partner and sponsor in Brazil
              that it's a camera that will NOT be sold only the body

              You can check at Adorama.com or B&H and others
              that they sell it only with a kit lens 18-55mm

              :-(

              They say it's an entry level camera for amateurs that were using compact cameras and want to move up

              cheers
              AYRTON

              + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
              http://ayrton360.com
              twitter.com/ayrton360

              "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

              Message 6 of 29 , Jun 3 5:07 PM
                :-)
                We are specular, I've got my Nikon italian pusher who is the pro marketing director.
                The camera has a gooooood sensor. Do not give a damm if it is an entry level, since you have raw and a pro-grade sensor!
                It is very light and small, good for pole panoramas. Grey market is selling it w/o lens already.

                Message 7 of 29 , Jun 3 5:12 PM
                  On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

                  :-)
                  We are specular, I've got my Nikon italian pusher who is the pro marketing director.
                  The camera has a gooooood sensor.

                  I agreee

                  Do not give a damm if it is an entry level, since you have raw and a pro-grade sensor!

                  same thinking

                  It is very light and small, good for pole panoramas.

                  yes

                  Grey market is selling it w/o lens already.

                  LINKS ????
                  where ?
                  USA ?

                  Europe is no good :-)

                  euro is toooo high value, no good for import from there :-)

                  best

                  luca vascon wrote:
> [...]
                  >
                  > Keep in mind that there is IN CAMERA CORRECTION for CA and GEOMETRY, that
                  > is not perfect but effective.
                  > the 12mp sensor is good, again far from perfect and do not spot the same
                  > tonal extension of the Sony 16mp APSC one. You should not overpass 400iso
                  > for panoramas, and 100 iso if you shoot at night.
                  > Maybe the OMD could be a good reflex substitute for panos (I'd use the
                  > Nikon3200+10.5 instead!) and maybe I'd not use my pocket setup for hi-level
                  > jobs, but still I do endorse the micro 4/3 as system. It is REALLY good,
                  > enjoyable, usable and useful.
                  > My small Nodal Ninja head looks superchunky in comparision!!!
                  >

                  > 2012/6/3 Peter <peter@...>
                  >
                  >> Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the
                  >> Pentax K-01, for making panos?
                  >>
                  >> If so, what has been your experience?  What is your opinion?  Please

                • Roger D Williams
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jun 3 5:29 PM
                    I have purchased a Pentax K-01 specifically for making panos. I love it.

                    The 16Mp sensor is plenty big enough for VR panos. The lack of a viewfinder doesn't matter because who needs one for panoramas? Having the histogram on the back panel means I can easily see it when the camera is mounted on top of my monopod without having to bring my eye right up to the camera. The lack of mirror shock/bounce has to be good. And in the specific case of the K-01 the controls are well spaced and ideally placed for access. There's a little green button that can be configured to select the right shutter speed with the preset (manually set) aperture. In manual mode that exposure will be used for all subsequent exposures. You do have to remember to select a specific ISO setting; if you leave it on the default auto sensitivity setting the camera will select different ISO sensitivities when you point the camera in different directions even when everything else is set to manual. I only had to look at the manual on a very few occasions, but that might be due to the fact I am thoroughly familiar with the sensible and quite logical grouping of controls on Pentax cameras, a nice contrast, I might add, to the messy Nikon nested menus. My happy experience using the little K-x was what encouraged me to consider the K-01. How happy am I? I have sold my D300 and its lenses to stick with my Pentaxes.

                    I don't think I would like the K-01 nearly so much for the snaps I take when not making panos. But I have the K-x for those. I might just trade this in for a K-5 now that they are dropping in price after the advent of the very similar K-30. But for now I am one happy camper.

                    I'm a little sad to be told that the excellent in-camera anti-shake performance may be counter-productive when used with my monopod setup. But naturally I am going to test this thoroughly for myself before giving up on it.

                    I tried my K-01 with a Samyang but I got an unsharp dud that was swiftly returned. I now use my previously seriously underused Pentax 10-17mm zoom fisheye. Lovely little lens, and cheaper than the optically identical Tokina. At least here in Japan it is...

                    Roger W.

                    Sent from my iPad

                    On Jun 4, 2012, at 1:24 AM, "Peter" <peter@...> wrote:

                    > Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the Pentax K-01, for making panos?
                    >
                    > If so, what has been your experience? What is your opinion? Please advise. Thanks.
                    >
                    > -- Peter

                  • Bill Ward
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jun 3 10:18 PM
                    • AYRTON
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jun 3 10:36 PM
                        Bill,
                        in USA do you know a place for body only ???

                        NO Europe, no good !

                        Thanks

                        best
                        AYRTON

                        On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Bill Ward <billward@...> wrote:
                        http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/Digital%20SLR%20Cameras/products/Nikon/D3200%20Digital%20SLR%20Camera%20Body%20in%20Red-84945/Show.html

                        bill

                            Message 13 of 29 , Jun 3 11:25 PM
                              On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 3:21 AM, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

                              Yeah Luca
                              Like I said :

                              Nikon USA is, and will, NOT sell body only !!!

                              Only in Europe, Australia, Engalnd, but NO in USA or South America

                              :-(

                              Abraços
                              AYRTON

                              2012/6/4 AYRTON <avi@...>

                              Bill,
                              in USA do you know a place for body only ???

                              NO Europe, no good !

                              Thanks

                              best
                              AYRTON

                              On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Bill Ward <billward@...> wrote:
                              http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/Digital%20SLR%20Cameras/products/Nikon/D3200%20Digital%20SLR%20Camera%20Body%20in%20Red-84945/Show.html

                              bill

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                 Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                 (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:
                                 PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              --
                              Luca Vascon.

                            • karelgil
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jun 4 4:17 AM
                                I use an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5mm FE for my pole panos (because of the weight) and for the panos were a small camera is required.

                                I do like the combination and it is highly effective for 360 panos

                                Example: <http://360vr.nl/Roei> shot with E-P1 and Samyang 7.5mm

                                Karel

                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peter@...> wrote:

                                > Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the Pentax K-01, for making panos?
                                >
                                > If so, what has been your experience? What is your opinion? Please advise. Thanks.
                                >
                                > -- Peter

                              • Ken Warner
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jun 4 7:51 AM
                                  Maybe you could buy the kit and sell the lens? People do that all the time on ebay. No D3200 bodies yet but they will show up.

                                  AYRTON wrote:
                                  > Bill,
                                  > in USA do you know a place for body only ???
                                  >
                                  > NO Europe, no good !
                                  >
                                  > Thanks
                                  >
                                  > best
                                  > AYRTON
                                  >

                                  > On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Bill Ward <billward@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  >> http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/Digital%20SLR%20Cameras/products/Nikon/D3200%20Digital%20SLR%20Camera%20Body%20in%20Red-84945/Show.html
                                  >>
                                  >> bill
                                  >>
                                  >> --
                                  >>

                                  >> ------------------------------------
                                  >>
                                  >> --

                                • markus_matern
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jun 4 12:00 PM
                                    When I want/need a compact setup I'm using a Sony NEX-5 with the 16mm pancake lens and the fisheye adapter (VCL-ECF1) attached. You need 6 shots around and top and bottom. This gives you an eqirectangular with 12000x6000 pixels with the original 14.2 MP version, a bit larger with the newer NEX-5N!

                                    Three examles for this setup (all handheld):
                                    I held the camara through a very small window in Bavaria's head:
                                    http://www.panotwins.de/spherical-panoramas/oktoberfest-like-bavaria-sees-it/

                                    Handheld with a Philopod:
                                    http://www.panotwins.de/spherical-panoramas/bad-hindelang-seen-from-nusche/

                                    Handheld over my head:
                                    http://worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp2011/html/MarkusMatern-7174.html

                                    Read a detailed review about this setup here:
                                    http://kurtmunger.com/sony_nex_vcl_ecf1_fisheyeid323.html
                                    http://sonyalphalab.com/product-review/sony-conversion-lenses-for-the-16mm-e-mount-lens-vcl-ecf1-vcl-ecu1-hands-on-review/

                                    When I want to shoot with less shots I use the Sigma 8mm fisheye attached via the Alpha to E-mount adapter (LA-EA1).

                                    One problem with the NEX for pole setups is the lack of a cable release. I solved this by building an Arduino remote trigger:
                                    http://www.panotwins.de/technical/nex-remote-trigger-with-arduino/

                                    A second problem is the limited bracketing option you have: only -+0.7 EV :-(

                                    I love the very small and compact setup of the NEX-5 + 16mm + VCL-ECF1 especially for the "allways carry with me occasion".

                                    Another option for the NEX could be a modified Samyang 7.5mm (or maybe the native version when available):
                                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gkemp/6380899783/
                                    I hope this is not only a rumour!

                                    Best,
                                    PanoTwin Markus
                                  • luca vascon

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jun 4 1:33 PM
                                        Luca, did you do that to your camera? Do you know a professional that would do that modification to my 3C?

                                        I would be afraid to try it myself.

                                        luca vascon wrote:
                                        > http://photoshipone.com/news/files/475bd9e299dca9b522b674cc59facd5a-9.html
                                        >
                                        > also in www.lucavascon.net
                                        >
                                        > :-)
                                        >

                                        > 2012/6/4 markus_matern <mac.mateng@...>
                                        >
                                        >> When I want/need a compact setup I'm using a Sony NEX-5 with the 16mm
                                        >> pancake lens and the fisheye adapter (VCL-ECF1) attached. You need 6 shots
                                        >> around and top and bottom. This gives you an eqirectangular with 12000x6000
                                        >> pixels with the original 14.2 MP version, a bit larger with the newer
                                        >> NEX-5N!
                                        >>
                                        >> Three examles for this setup (all handheld):
                                        >> I held the camara through a very small window in Bavaria's head:
                                        >>
                                        >> http://www.panotwins.de/spherical-panoramas/oktoberfest-like-bavaria-sees-it/
                                        >>
                                        >> Handheld with a Philopod:
                                        >> http://www.panotwins.de/spherical-panoramas/bad-hindelang-seen-from-nusche/
                                        >>
                                        >> Handheld over my head:
                                        >>
                                        >> http://worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp2011/html/MarkusMatern-7174.html
                                        >>
                                        >> Read a detailed review about this setup here:
                                        >> http://kurtmunger.com/sony_nex_vcl_ecf1_fisheyeid323.html
                                        >>
                                        >> http://sonyalphalab.com/product-review/sony-conversion-lenses-for-the-16mm-e-mount-lens-vcl-ecf1-vcl-ecu1-hands-on-review/
                                        >>
                                        >> When I want to shoot with less shots I use the Sigma 8mm fisheye attached
                                        >> via the Alpha to E-mount adapter (LA-EA1).
                                        >>
                                        >> One problem with the NEX for pole setups is the lack of a cable release. I
                                        >> solved this by building an Arduino remote trigger:
                                        >> http://www.panotwins.de/technical/nex-remote-trigger-with-arduino/
                                        >>
                                        >> A second problem is the limited bracketing option you have: only -+0.7 EV
                                        >> :-(
                                        >>
                                        >> I love the very small and compact setup of the NEX-5 + 16mm + VCL-ECF1
                                        >> especially for the "allways carry with me occasion".
                                        >>
                                        >> Another option for the NEX could be a modified Samyang 7.5mm (or maybe the
                                        >> native version when available):
                                        >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/gkemp/6380899783/
                                        >> I hope this is not only a rumour!
                                        >>
                                        >> Best,
                                        >> PanoTwin Markus
                                        >>

                                        >> ------------------------------------
                                        >>
                                        >> --

                                      • markus_matern
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jun 4 1:54 PM
                                          Hi Luca,

                                          unfortunately this hack does not work for the NEX-5 :-(, only for the 5N!

                                          However you can modify a 5, but it's even more complicated! You almost need to disassemble your complete camera:
                                          http://www.gethypoxic.com/reviews-tests-hacks/hacks-and-mods/78-adding-a-wired-shutter-release-to-the-nex-5.html

                                          Best,
                                          PanoTwin Markus

                                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

                                          > http://photoshipone.com/news/files/475bd9e299dca9b522b674cc59facd5a-9.html
                                          >
                                          > also in www.lucavascon.net
                                          >
                                          > :-)

                                        • luca vascon

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Jun 5 5:47 AM
                                                It sounds like these cameras are not really ready for prime time?

                                                -no (or bad) bracketing
                                                -no (or bad) remote
                                                -samyang 7.5 fits only on some models

                                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "karelgil" <karel@...> wrote:

                                                > I use an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5mm FE for my pole panos (because of the weight) and for the panos were a small camera is required.
                                                >
                                                > I do like the combination and it is highly effective for 360 panos
                                                >
                                                > Example: <http://360vr.nl/Roei> shot with E-P1 and Samyang 7.5mm
                                                >
                                                > Karel
                                                >
                                                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peter@> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the Pentax K-01, for making panos?
                                                > >
                                                > > If so, what has been your experience? What is your opinion? Please advise. Thanks.
                                                > >
                                                > > -- Peter

                                              • Hans
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Jun 5 6:03 AM
                                                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <panoramas@...> wrote:

                                                  > It sounds like these cameras are not really ready for prime time?
                                                  >
                                                  > -no (or bad) bracketing
                                                  > -no (or bad) remote
                                                  > -samyang 7.5 fits only on some models

                                                  I have the Panasonic Lumix G3

                                                  Bracketing same as Nikon up to 7 img at 1 stop
                                                  Remote both cable and wireless are available.
                                                  I use the Panasonic 7,5mm which is far better than the Samyang in sharpness but has the same problem with flare.

                                                  The quality is compareable with my 5D Mark II with canon 15mm but do not expect the same superior handling of dynamic range.

                                                  With the 5 D I can easy get a lot of data from the shadows without noise at lower ISOs. That is not possible with the G3

                                                  Hans

                                                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "karelgil" <karel@> wrote:
                                                  > >

                                                  > > I use an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5mm FE for my pole panos (because of the weight) and for the panos were a small camera is required.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > I do like the combination and it is highly effective for 360 panos
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Example: <http://360vr.nl/Roei> shot with E-P1 and Samyang 7.5mm
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Karel
                                                  > >
                                                  > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peter@> wrote:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the Pentax K-01, for making panos?
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > If so, what has been your experience? What is your opinion? Please advise. Thanks.
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > -- Peter

                                                • Ken Warner
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Jun 5 9:25 AM
                                                    That's true for the NEX. But the image quality of the Sony sensor is very nice.

                                                    The Panasonic's have remotes and bracketing and the current version of Samyang is
                                                    for M4/3 (Panasonic, Olympus). I liked my Panasonic LX3 a lot. But the sensor was small and noisy.

                                                    So take your choice.

                                                    prague wrote:
                                                    > It sounds like these cameras are not really ready for prime time?
                                                    >
                                                    > -no (or bad) bracketing
                                                    > -no (or bad) remote
                                                    > -samyang 7.5 fits only on some models
                                                    >

                                                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "karelgil" <karel@...> wrote:
                                                    >>

                                                    >> I use an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5mm FE for my pole panos (because of the weight) and for the panos were a small camera is required.
                                                    >>
                                                    >> I do like the combination and it is highly effective for 360 panos
                                                    >>
                                                    >> Example: <http://360vr.nl/Roei> shot with E-P1 and Samyang 7.5mm
                                                    >>
                                                    >> Karel
                                                    >>
                                                    >> --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peter@> wrote:
                                                    >>> Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the Pentax K-01, for making panos?
                                                    >>>
                                                    >>> If so, what has been your experience? What is your opinion? Please advise. Thanks.
                                                    >>>
                                                    >>> -- Peter

                                                  • luca vascon
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Jun 6 2:33 AM
                                                      I used both 7.5 samyang and Panasonic, I did prefer the Sammy!
                                                      G and GH cameras have the remote
                                                      GF2 does not

                                                      Olympus cameras do have remote, not the EPL1.

                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Jun 6 3:49 AM
                                                        Sorry to disagree here:

                                                        On all Olympus MFT models (including the new OM-D)
                                                        Bracketing? Check
                                                        Remote? Check (both wired and wireless/UCM-1 connector)
                                                        Samyang fits? Check

                                                        Karel

                                                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <panoramas@...> wrote:

                                                        > It sounds like these cameras are not really ready for prime time?
                                                        >
                                                        > -no (or bad) bracketing
                                                        > -no (or bad) remote
                                                        > -samyang 7.5 fits only on some models
                                                        >

                                                        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "karelgil" <karel@> wrote:
                                                        > >

                                                        > > I use an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5mm FE for my pole panos (because of the weight) and for the panos were a small camera is required.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > I do like the combination and it is highly effective for 360 panos
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Example: <http://360vr.nl/Roei> shot with E-P1 and Samyang 7.5mm
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Karel
                                                        > >
                                                        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peter@> wrote:
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the Pentax K-01, for making panos?
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > If so, what has been your experience? What is your opinion? Please advise. Thanks.
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > -- Peter

                                                      • luca vascon
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Jun 6 6:22 AM
                                                          2012/6/6 karelgil <karel@...>
                                                          Sorry to disagree here:

                                                          On all Olympus MFT models (including the new OM-D)
                                                          Bracketing? Check
                                                          Remote? Check (both wired and wireless/UCM-1 connector)

                                                          you have to check them one by one.
                                                          i.e. for OMD:

                                                          Remember that Nikon is similar, max step between images is 1stop, model by model things change by crazy.
                                                          Only Canon, afaik has a -2 0 2 capability.

                                                          Samyang fits? Check

                                                          ?!?!?!
                                                          Samyamg 7.5 is for micro 4/3
                                                          wtf you have to check?!

                                                          Karel

                                                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <panoramas@...> wrote:

                                                          > It sounds like these cameras are not really ready for prime time?
                                                          >
                                                          > -no (or bad) bracketing
                                                          > -no (or bad) remote
                                                          > -samyang 7.5 fits only on some models
                                                          >

                                                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "karelgil" <karel@> wrote:
                                                          > >

                                                          > > I use an Olympus E-P1 + Samyang 7.5mm FE for my pole panos (because of the weight) and for the panos were a small camera is required.
                                                          > >
                                                          > > I do like the combination and it is highly effective for 360 panos
                                                          > >
                                                          > > Example: <http://360vr.nl/Roei> shot with E-P1 and Samyang 7.5mm
                                                          > >
                                                          > > Karel
                                                          > >
                                                          > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peter@> wrote:
                                                          > > >
                                                          > > > Have you tried a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, such as the Pentax K-01, for making panos?
                                                          > > >
                                                          > > > If so, what has been your experience?  What is your opinion?  Please advise.  Thanks.
                                                          > > >
                                                          > > >   -- Peter

                                                          <*> Your email settings:
                                                             Individual Email | Traditional

                                                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                                                             (Yahoo! ID required)

                                                          <*> To change settings via email:
                                                             PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                                             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                                          --
                                                          Luca Vascon.

                                                        • Paul Fretheim
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Jun 7 5:01 AM
                                                            I have been taking some panos with my Nikon P300 pocket camera. It has a
                                                            full manual setting and an 24mm equivalent f 1.8 lens that is pretty
                                                            sharp. Here are a couple of samples:

                                                            http://fecm33.org The image in the gallery in the opening page was shot
                                                            with the P300.

                                                            http://inyopro.com/images/backyard_4.28.2012.html