Pat Swovelin's memorial

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2012
      As most of you know, we lost Pat Swovelin, a friend to many here and
      exceptional member of this community, just about a week ago. I wanted
      to share some details of a memorial celebration his family is
      planning, and to which those of you who can make it to Southern
      California are invited. See below for details:

      ---

      Dear Friends: Thank you all for your support through this difficult
      time. Everything is coming together for a fitting tribute to the Late,
      Great, Much-Beloved Pat Swovelin. (Pat would copyright that phrase,
      I'm sure!)

      The Celebration of Pat's Life will be Sunday July 1 at Perris Valley
      DZ. EVERYONE IS WELCOME. Bring your favorite "Patrick Story' and join
      us for a day of memorial skydives, tandem jumps by his kids, Preston &
      Alanna, along with food & drink, speechifying & bad jokes, camaraderie
      & love.

      We hope you can attend in person; please be so kind as to RSVP to
      jswovelin@... (even if it's a maybe). Potential lurkers for
      the actual flower-drop skydives should likewise apply to that address
      (and get current!).

      Also, FYI, Pat will be interred with military honors next week at the
      Riverside National Cemetery. (The VA has not yet given us a date, so
      I'll have to get back to you with that info.) NOTE: This is a military
      funeral and space is limited, close friends are welcome, of course,
      but we must get you on their official list prior to the event. If you
      want to attend, please get in touch with the family and we'll see if
      can get you in: jswovelin@....

      In closing, let me say a most heartfelt "Thank you!" to all of you.
      Your touching comments and support give honor to the memory of my
      brother the Late, Great, Much-Beloved Pat Swovelin (Copyright
      pending).)