Notre-Dame-de-la-Défense, Montreal

  • pierluciop
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2012
      Hello there

      I would like to invite you to the following pano of the Church of the Italian community in Montreal

      made by Jean-Pierre Lavoie, often times contributor

      I restored the church from 200 to 2003 but never had the chance to do a pano

      The church is unique, Guido Nincheri, architect and painter, draw, built, decorated and did ALL the furnishing and decorations of the church from 1933 to the middle 1950

      The apse and walls are made in real "alfresco" while the central dome is made in encaustic. The apse's fresco is famous because in 1933 Nincheri had to represent the most famous italians of the the notably, Mussolini and his 4 hyerarches, the Abruzzi's Duke who went to the Pole on a blimp, Gugliemo Marconi and many more saints and personalities

      Nincheri was sent to concentration camp in Petawawa, Ontario,  being accused to be a fascist because of this fresco but he was then released when it was proved that he was compelled to add these figures to the original fresco plan,

      The church is now a National Canadian Monument

      Enjoy

      --
      Pierlucio - Montreal
    • A Kielcz
      Message 2 of 4 , May 29, 2012
        Hi,
        I would like to see outside picture of the church to make sure that it's the same I saw some years ago.
        Thank you!

        A Kielcz
        Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2012
          dude, why don't you google it?

          https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=notre-dame-de-la-defense+church+in+montreal

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I would like to see outside picture of the church to make sure that it's the same I saw some years ago.
          > Thank you!
          >
          > A Kielcz
          > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Uri
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2012
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

            > I would like to see outside picture of the church to make sure that it's the same I saw some years ago.
            > Thank you!

            Hey, you don't need to ask the entire forum; all you have to do is:

            1. go to images.google.com, or to google.com
            2. type "Notre Dame de la Defense montreal"
            3. see lots of photos.

            As for the panorama itself - It's stunningly beautiful. I did notice some waviness in the long horizontal pews (something to do with Flash settings) and a tiny little bit of a stitching error on a pew, and some lighting difference on the floor when looking back.