OT: ARC color calibratrion

  • Carel
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2006
      Maybe I am the exception, but untill now I have been studiously ignoring the
      last tab on ARC - the color calibration.
      At the moment I am working on a series of panos where color accuracy has to
      be as perfect as technically possible, so I went digging. After having made
      some calibrations I DO notice a better white balance adjustment in ARC (when
      moving the WB slider, the tint slider now makes a better tint adjustment):
      http://www.xs4all.nl/%7etindeman/raw/acr-calibrator-l.html

      This website gives some very interesting info and some actions to build a
      "luminance curve" where the saturation does not change during manipulation
      of the curve. Photoshop CS2 (maybe improved in CS3??) does NOT keep the
      saturation constant when changing the luminance, regardless of the
      color-space in which one makes an adjustment. Hence the Luminance Curve
      action:
      http://www.xs4all.nl/%7etindeman/raw/color_reproduction.html
      http://www.xs4all.nl/%7etindeman/raw/curve_tools.html

      Carel Struycken