Waiting

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 7 , May 27, 2012
      For my friends at Panotools NG who still prefer to forego FB (where this was originally posted):

      Here's a link to one of my recent works which shows a group of Somali refugees waiting for medical treatment at Melkadida refugee camp in southern Ethiopia

      http://www.bavaria360.de/waiting/warten.html

      Melkadida refugee camp is located in the south of Ethiopia close to the border to Somalia. Melkadida is one camp of five in this area and houses 40,600 refugees in 9,300 households (which means families in tents). 70% of the inhabitants are under 18 ears old.

      Because I wanted to learn and report about what live in such a camp is really like, I was invited by a German help organization which is running a health post there to live and stay with them for two weeks.

      You can imagine that this was a challenging venue by all means and unfortunately I yet haven't had the time to work on most of the images and videos I grabbed there. This one here is the first one I published and hopefully one day there will be a complete "story".

      The lucky people who can make it to the IVRPA NYC 2012 conference will get a detailed first hand report.

      You are highly encouraged to post any comment especially if you want to discuss the use of panoramas for editorial work in general or improvements for this one in particular.

      Warm regards
      Jürgen
    • Fernando Chaves
      Message 2 of 7 , May 27, 2012
        Hi,
        Congratulations, it's just great photography + 360° functionality. Very well
        done.
        I don't understand why did you watermark all over the picture. Is there any
        copyright issue?
        www.bavaria360.com all over the faces and walls looks like you are
        advertising your business.
        Best regards,
        Fernando

        Message 3 of 7 , May 27, 2012

          Hi all

          Does anyone have some experience using the Nikkor PC-E 24mm (or Canon) for 360º VR panoramas?

          What about the dedicated support for Nikkor PC-E series lens from Agno's, or other support of this kind?

          Thank you,

          António Cabral

           digisfera

             web www.digisfera.pt

          phone  (+351) 214 062 218
          mobile (+351) 966 390 236

          Taguspark - Edificio Inovação II,

          Núcleo 4 - Av. Jacques Delors

          2740-122 Oeiras  Portugal

        • jrgen_schrader
          Message 4 of 7 , May 27, 2012
            Fernando, there is no need to advertise my business but to protect my work. So if anybody thinks he needs to "reuse" any part of it without asking people will know where he got it from :)

            Usually I do not use watermarks on the work I publish.
            But with this one I felt it was necessary.

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Fernando Chaves" <fc@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > Congratulations, it's just great photography + 360° functionality. Very well
            > done.
            > I don't understand why did you watermark all over the picture. Is there any
            > copyright issue?
            > www.bavaria360.com all over the faces and walls looks like you are
            > advertising your business.
            > Best regards,
            > Fernando

          • Trausti Hraunfjord
            Message 5 of 7 , May 27, 2012
              Very nice work!

              Image encryption does have it's obvious advantages... or are you also preventing screen grabs with the watermarkings?

              Trausti

            • jrgen_schrader
              Message 6 of 7 , May 27, 2012
                Yes, of course encryption would be an option, but I had also screengrabs in mind. With that resolution and a large monitor one could easily get some nice files for magazine prints.

                > Very nice work!
                >
                > Image encryption does have it's obvious advantages... or are you also
                > preventing screen grabs with the watermarkings?
                >
                > Trausti
                >

                > On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM, jrgen_schrader
                > <panorama@...>wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Fernando, there is no need to advertise my business but to protect my
                > > work. So if anybody thinks he needs to "reuse" any part of it without
                > > asking people will know where he got it from :)
                > >
                > > Usually I do not use watermarks on the work I publish.
                > > But with this one I felt it was necessary.
                > >

                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Fernando Chaves" <fc@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi,
                > > > Congratulations, it's just great photography + 360° functionality. Very
                > > well
                > > > done.
                > > > I don't understand why did you watermark all over the picture. Is there
                > > any
                > > > copyright issue?
                > > > www.bavaria360.com all over the faces and walls looks like you are
                > > > advertising your business.