Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: 7 To GO [nyc2012]

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 21 , May 26, 2012
      You wouldnt survive the columbia/panama border trip on foot. Theres no safe path through the jungle from columbia to any panamanian city especially if you look icelandic. ;)

      On May 26, 2012, at 6:01 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

      :)
      For Icelandic citizens to get a US visa, no problem at all... the same goes for Icelanders getting visa to other parts of the world.. .no problems, since the country does not have any military or ambitions of world domination :)  But without a fully valid bio-passport (the new type), I won't get any visa, and with the emergency passport, I would be arrested upon arrival to the US, which doesn't accept the emergency passport in any way or form.  Walking across the US/Mexico border... I would have to cross several borders before getting there...

      Peru/Ecuador
      Ecuador/Colombia

      Colombia/Panama
      Panama/Costa Rica
      Costa Rica/Nicaragua
      Nicaragua/Honduras
      Honduras/Guatemala
      Guatemala/Mexico
      Not exactly making things simpler... but absolutely more interesting :)

      Trausti

      On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

      Try to get a visa to the U.S. It's supposedly very easy.

      Failing that, just walk across the Mexican/American border like millions of others do. I'll meet you on the U.S. side and give you a ride to a train station or airport to get to the Iceland Embassy in Wash. D.C.