Question about Samyang 8mm Fisheye

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23 12:09 AM
      I am thinking of making the new K-01 Mirrorless Pentax my standard panorama camera and using it with the above lens.

      I usually shoot four around using a monopod. My present combination is the delightful little K-x and an FSU Peleng, but I am getting tired of all the cloning I have to do to remove flare. I believe the Samyang is much better in this regard but doesn't have quite such a wide field of view as the Peleng (which I use with a ring mount that keeps the diagonal vertical, resulting in very small zenith and nadir holes).

      Can anyone tell me how much bigger my zenith and nadir holes are likely to be? Should I perhaps tilt UP a few degrees to fill the zenith and take a separate nadir shot? That wouldn't be too big a departure from my present procedure. I'll obviously have to go on tilting the diagonals to make them vertical... The only disadvantage I have found with this is that more people moving near the seams tend to get cut off at the knees or shoulders as each seam affects a much larger horizontal angle-of-view. Straight up-and-down seams are much easier to thread between people standing up straight (sigh).

      All comments and advice welcome.

      Roger W.

      Sent from my iPad