Re: [PanoToolsNG] Olympus fisheye converter?

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 13 , May 22, 2012
      On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:25 AM, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

      The Sammy 7.5 is a JEWEL LENS!!!

      Luca
      I completely agree with you :-)

      2012/5/21 Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>
      The 7.5mm Samyang on the M4/3 is equal to a 15mm 180 degree diagonal fisheye on the M4/3 cameras.  You'll need 6 around + zenith and nadir with the 7.5mm Samyang.

      When the 7.5mm Samyang is adapted to the NEX, then it becomes a cropped circle fisheye and you can do 4 around + nadir.

      I don't know of any full circle fisheye for the M4/3 systems.

      Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
      > På Mon, 21 May 2012 19:11:36 +0200, skrev Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>:
      >
      >> PTGui calculates the 16mm + fisheye converter for NEX to be about 15-16mm.  I shoot 6 around plus zenith and nadir patch.  It's an ok combination but not professional quality.
      >>
      >> http://pancyl.com/BridgeRail.html
      >
      > Looks pretty professional to me ;)
      >
      >> The Samyang 7.5mm on a M4/3 is about 15mm so expect the same.  The Samyang on a NEX gives complete sphere with 4 around and is very good.
      >
      > That's the beauty of a "zoom fisheye". I zoom in so that I get a circle cropped only on the long sides, for maximum pixels for 4 around (~6000x3000).
      > If I zoom to a full circle I get a lot fewer pixels, but if I want more pixels I can always zoom to more tele, using he same lens.
      > I was hoping that 4 around would work with the M4/3-Samyang (+ up/down)?
      >
      >> If you can afford the Olympus 7-14mm, that's probably enough lens right there.  The Samyang and the Olympus fisheye adapter would be redundant.
      >
      > I can't afford it now, but as I already have the 7-14mm 4/3 the only cost would be the converter, which I probably can afford ;)
      > It's a big and heavy lens though, especially compared to the tiny Samyang.
      > BTW, the C7070/Raynox is so long that I need 2 T-pieces on the NN3 head to get rid of parallax.
      > The 7-14mm also needs 2 T-pieces...

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: