"Air Guitar" Pano control

  • blueslander
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2012
      I know there are a lot of people who love the idea of interacting with their equipment with gestures, while I am about as excited about it as I am for Air Guitar and Karaoke (non)performances.

      ... anyway, there is an integrated system that is coming out: http://www.neowin.net/news/leap-motion-aims-to-outperform-kinect-on-pc-and-mac
    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2012
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "blueslander" <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

        > I know there are a lot of people who love the idea of interacting with their equipment with gestures, while I am about as excited about it as I am for Air Guitar and Karaoke (non)performances.
        >
        > ... anyway, there is an integrated system that is coming out: http://www.neowin.net/news/leap-motion-aims-to-outperform-kinect-on-pc-and-mac

        The Leap it occurs to me would be a good interface for stereo panorama navigation. Touch screens are bad for panoramas for a few reasons -- one of which is they obstruct the view, another, they mess up the screen. For stereo panoramas they are worse still because you have depth conflicts with stuff that might be coming out of the screen.

        One advantage of Leap type close range realtime 3d scanners would be that you could have 3d hotspots in the stereo scene -- that are coming out of the screen -- that you can touch in accurate 3d space.

        PeterM
      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 16, 2012
          That actually sounds like a sensible way to use this technology for.

          Trausti

          _