Re: Offset plate for camera -OT?

  • thumeau
    Message 1 of 13 , May 18 2:32 AM
      As for me,
      I tried the IR home made remote and it works.

      As described here:
      http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1042&message=41222002&changemode=1

      Basically you just need an iPhone, an audio cable and a remote control LED.
      I extracted the LAD from an old R/C and soldered it to the Audio cable and voila...

      On the iPhone, you have the NEXRemote app that conveniently generate the right "noise" that will translate into the right infrared signal to trigger the NEX.
      But you could actually play the wav file from any smartphone and it would do the same.
      (If interested, I can send the wav file)

      So for the Pole shooting, you would have to experiment with a 6-8m long audio cable.
      The LED side would be taped in front of the NEX sensor and you would trigeer the shot from your iPhone on the ground...

      I've only tried with a small 1m cable myself but I would assume that the signal would still be good enough with a 6m cable.

      My 2 cents,
      Thomas