Offset plate for camera -OT?

  • A Kielcz
    Message 1 of 13 , May 17 11:28 AM
      Hi,
       I have to cameras that have a tripod mount hole not aligned with the lens axis.
      Where can I find a proper offset plate in order to properly mount cameras on NN5?
      Thank you!

      A Kielcz
      Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 13 , May 17 11:32 AM
        On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:28 PM, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

        Hi,
         I have to cameras that have a tripod mount hole not aligned with the lens axis.
        Where can I find a proper offset plate in order to properly mount cameras on NN5?

        At NODAL NINJA website and dealers !!!
         :-)

        They sell this, specially for cameras with that problem

        AYRTON

        Thank you!

        A Kielcz
        Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 13 , May 17 11:48 AM
          http://store.nodalninja.com/index.php/pano-heads/nn3/accessories-for-nn3-series/t-adapter-iii-with-30mm-offset.html

          A Kielcz wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I have to cameras that have a tripod mount hole not aligned with the lens axis.
          > Where can I find a proper offset plate in order to properly mount cameras on NN5?
          > Thank you!
          >
          > A Kielcz
          > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 13 , May 17 12:46 PM
            Yes
            it is just a matter of searching on the product website
            easy as a piece of cake
            :-)

            btw: Ken, and what about our friend on the NEX 5 remote adapter .... Any news from him ?

            cheers
            AYRTON

            + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
            http://ayrton360.com
            twitter.com/ayrton360

            "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

            A Kielcz wrote:
            > Hi,
            >  I have to cameras that have a tripod mount hole not aligned with the lens axis.
            > Where can I find a proper offset plate in order to properly mount cameras on NN5?
            > Thank you!
            >
            > A Kielcz
            > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Ken Warner
            Message 5 of 13 , May 17 1:07 PM
              Hi AYRTON,

              No word from Richard Franiec. I hold little hope for a commercially available shutter cable release adapter for NEX. I think the only solutions will be home made.

              Ken

              AYRTON wrote:
              > Yes
              > it is just a matter of searching on the product website
              > easy as a piece of cake
              > :-)
              >
              > btw: Ken, and what about our friend on the NEX 5 remote adapter .... Any
              > news from him ?
              >
              > cheers
              > AYRTON
              >

              > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
              > http://ayrton360.com
              > twitter.com/ayrton360
              >
              > "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."
              >

              > On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
              >
              >> http://store.nodalninja.com/index.php/pano-heads/nn3/accessories-for-nn3-series/t-adapter-iii-with-30mm-offset.html
              >>
              >> A Kielcz wrote:
              >>> Hi,
              >>> I have to cameras that have a tripod mount hole not aligned with the
              >> lens axis.
              >>> Where can I find a proper offset plate in order to properly mount
              >> cameras on NN5?
              >>> Thank you!
              >>>
              >>> A Kielcz
              >>> Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
              >>>

              >> ------------------------------------
              >>
              >> --

            • Robert C. Fisher
              Message 6 of 13 , May 17 4:53 PM
                Ken
                What kind of remote were you looking for? I have been building all kinds of remotes for the NEX and other cameras for the last year or so. I think the best so far is a hard wired remote plug that yo can use a shutter release or intervalometer with.

                AYRTON wrote:
                > Yes
                > it is just a matter of searching on the product website
                > easy as a piece of cake
                > :-)
                >
                > btw: Ken, and what about our friend on the NEX 5 remote adapter .... Any
                > news from him ?
                >
                > cheers
                > AYRTON
                >

                > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                > http://ayrton360.com
                > twitter.com/ayrton360
                >
                > "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."
                >

                > On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                >
                >> http://store.nodalninja.com/index.php/pano-heads/nn3/accessories-for-nn3-series/t-adapter-iii-with-30mm-offset.html
                >>
                >> A Kielcz wrote:
                >>> Hi,
                >>> I have to cameras that have a tripod mount hole not aligned with the
                >> lens axis.
                >>> Where can I find a proper offset plate in order to properly mount
                >> cameras on NN5?
                >>> Thank you!
                >>>
                >>> A Kielcz
                >>> Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
                >>>

                >> ------------------------------------
                >>
                >> --

                Cheers
                Robert C. Fisher
                VR Photography / Cinematography
                Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

              • Ken Warner
                Message 7 of 13 , May 17 5:10 PM
                  Hi Robert,

                  I have a NEX c3. That doesn't have any kind of remote capability. I was hoping that Franiec would figure out a clever way to attach a mechanical shutter cable release. I prefer mechanical because I can feel it and it never runs out of batteries.

                  Here's Franiec's website.
                  http://www.kleptography.com/rf/

                  What have you made that would work on a NEX c3?

                  Ken

                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 17 5:24 PM
                    hi Robert

                    We are looking for a remote for the NEX-5N, so that we can use on Poles

                    I for example love to use the Nodal Ninja 2 Pole that goes to 6 meters, but adding a tripod in the bottom it can go to 8 meters

                    Any idea, or solution ???

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 17 5:26 PM
                      Oppps
                      Sorry

                      Ken made a new topic
                      :-)

                      better

                      hi Robert

                      On my side I'm looking for a remote for the NEX-5N, so that I can use on Poles

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 17 5:37 PM
                          A hardwired remote connecting the camera's shutter to an outside socket you can then use a stock remote switch and extension cables.

                          On May 17, 2012, at 5:26 PM, AYRTON wrote:

                          Oppps

                          Sorry

                          Ken made a new topic
                          :-)

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 17 6:22 PM
                            Hi Robert,

                            I've seen a step by step demonstration of that technique somewhere. Was that your web site?

                            In principle, I like the idea. I worry about the actual implementation and the effect that mod has on resale. Can you show us some examples of your work?

                            Ken

                            Robert C. Fisher wrote:
                            > My thing is to connect directly to the camera's shutter so no batteries
                            > needed just a contact closure or 2. This seems the simplest to me after
                            > trying a lot of variations over the past couple of years. The only
                            > downside is that it will invalidate the warranty since I have to open
                            > the camera and do some soldering of tiny parts. This seems the most
                            > reliable method.
                            >
                            > Making a purely mechanical shutter interface would work ok but would be
                            > susceptible to misalignment. It could be simple though.
                            >
                            > On May 17, 2012, at 5:10 PM, Ken Warner wrote:
                            >
                            >> Hi Robert,
                            >>
                            >> I have a NEX c3. That doesn't have any kind of remote capability. I
                            >> was hoping that Franiec would figure out a clever way to attach a
                            >> mechanical shutter cable release. I prefer mechanical because I can
                            >> feel it and it never runs out of batteries.
                            >>
                            >> Here's Franiec's website.
                            >> http://www.kleptography.com/rf/
                            >>
                            >> What have you made that would work on a NEX c3?
                            >>
                            >> Ken
                            >>

                            > Cheers
                            > Robert C. Fisher
                            > VR Photography / Cinematography
                            > bob@...
                            > http://www.rcfisher.com
                            > Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

                          • thumeau
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 18 2:32 AM
                              As for me,
                              I tried the IR home made remote and it works.

                              As described here:
                              http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1042&message=41222002&changemode=1

                              Basically you just need an iPhone, an audio cable and a remote control LED.
                              I extracted the LAD from an old R/C and soldered it to the Audio cable and voila...

                              On the iPhone, you have the NEXRemote app that conveniently generate the right "noise" that will translate into the right infrared signal to trigger the NEX.
                              But you could actually play the wav file from any smartphone and it would do the same.
                              (If interested, I can send the wav file)

                              So for the Pole shooting, you would have to experiment with a 6-8m long audio cable.
                              The LED side would be taped in front of the NEX sensor and you would trigeer the shot from your iPhone on the ground...

                              I've only tried with a small 1m cable myself but I would assume that the signal would still be good enough with a 6m cable.

                              My 2 cents,
                              Thomas