360Precision vs Kaidan QPS-1

  • martinbond1
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16 1:35 PM
      Hi,

      We know that Kaidan is no longer in business, but I still enjoy my QuickPan pro... however I saw the 360Precision Adjuste Giga lately and I'm wondering if it is a worthed update for Kaidan Pro user's.
      The fact that it is lighter is an interesting point... and support the D800 too... ;-)

      Does anyone tried both ?

      Any input/advices are welcome ;-)

      Thanks

      Martin
    • Briar
      Message 2 of 7 , May 16 2:32 PM

        I would support a debate on the various methods of supporting cameras to do panoramas. I have a Manfrotto tripod and QTVR head which is great but requires the services of a Sherpa to cart it where I want it.

        I had sent emails to Nodal Ninja a while back to replace my kit, sadly they did not reply at all so a project I have done recently (Fox Glacier) had to be done with the Manfrotto gear which was OK….but could have been a great deal easier without all the weight.

        I guess NN are not interested in international  sales-they have no representation in New Zealand anyway, and I really am overdue for better gear. Perhaps Roger Berry should start producing copies of his gear….I would be right in there if he did.

        Regards to all, Briar.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 16 2:39 PM
          Briar

          Are you sure you wrote to the right email at Nodal Ninja ?

          I'm sure they would respond if you did

          Try sending directly to Bill Bailey

          he's a gentleman and a good friend

          best

          + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
          http://ayrton360.com
          twitter.com/ayrton360

          "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

          Message 4 of 7 , May 17 7:12 AM
            Hi Briar,

            NodalNinja has one reseller in AUSTRALIA and one in NEW ZEALAND.
            http://www.ipanoramic.com.au/shop/
            http://www.smifu.com/tripods/nodal-ninja-pano-heads-1.html

            Nick

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Briar" <briar_bentley@...> wrote:

            > I would support a debate on the various methods of supporting cameras to do
            > panoramas. I have a Manfrotto tripod and QTVR head which is great but
            > requires the services of a Sherpa to cart it where I want it.
            >

            > I had sent emails to Nodal Ninja a while back to replace my kit, sadly they
            > did not reply at all so a project I have done recently (Fox Glacier) had to
            > be done with the Manfrotto gear which was OK..but could have been a great
            > deal easier without all the weight.
            >

            > I guess NN are not interested in international sales-they have no
            > representation in New Zealand anyway, and I really am overdue for better
            > gear. Perhaps Roger Berry should start producing copies of his gear..I would
            > be right in there if he did.
            >
            > Regards to all, Briar.

          • martinbond1
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31 8:54 PM
              Well, it seems like none were really able/available to compare the 360Precision Aduste Giga vs the Kaidan Pro...

              However I would be interested in reading about the experience of anyone who used the 360Precision...
              Many are talking about the NodalNinja, I know it is more affordable, but is the 360Precision worth the extra money ?

              Any feedback is welcome as I am not sure if finding an quickrelease to fit my new camera to the Quickpan is the way to go....

              Thanks and regards ;-)
              Martin
            • Sacha Griffin
              Message 6 of 7 , May 31 9:03 PM
                I cant recommend Nodal Ninja enough. I've been using a discontinued NN5 to great success and their current products out perform that. NN4 is supposedly much better and the ultimate MK1 is supposed to be precise enough for template stitching. As an added bonus customer service is excellent.

                Sacha Griffin
                Office: 404-551-4275

                On May 31, 2012, at 11:54 PM, martinbond1 <martin@...> wrote:

                Well, it seems like none were really able/available to compare the 360Precision Aduste Giga vs the Kaidan Pro...

                However I would be interested in reading about the experience of anyone who used the 360Precision...
                Many are talking about the NodalNinja, I know it is more affordable, but is the 360Precision worth the extra money ?

                Any feedback is welcome as I am not sure if finding an quickrelease to fit my new camera to the Quickpan is the way to go....

                Thanks and regards ;-)
                Martin

              • Bostjan Burger
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
                  I am extreme user and I can recommend 360 Precision as a hi quality product - it worth the investment. It is my independent and subjective recommendation for Atome and Adjuste MK2 as products ("state of art").

                  Bostjan