Re: [PanoToolsNG] Dalai Lama

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 13 , May 16, 2012
      Did you shake his hand afterwards? I think it came out nicely, even if you were acting on instinct only - good instincts!

      At least you did make a corny "Pizza and Dalai Lama" joke like this Aussie newsman did:

      I crack up every time I watch that, especially when the newsman slyly asks "You know what I mean?"

      John

      John Riley
      4Pi-VR Media Solutions
      http://4pi-vr.com
      johnriley@...
      (h)864-461-3504
      (c)864-431-7075
      (w)864-503-5775

      On May 16, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Bostjan Burger wrote:

      Hi everybody… I don't want to bother you with new pano challenges but this one (the story) might be at least fun… please don't look the pano from the technical point of view as I didn't know how to react and only instinct worked…
      What was the story? I had a journalist accreditation to document the visit of His holiness Dalai Lama visit in Slovenia 8it is the third time he has arrived here). He arrived to Maribor airport and I used the "standard" hi-raised monopod photography (http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_DalajLama_Letalisce/05_DalajLamaLetalisce.html ). I was the only panojournalist there and obviously noticeable with the »weird« position of camera on the top of the hi rised monopod. After his short speech Dalai Lama came straight towards me… and what have I done? Instead giving him a hand at first I kneel down and take four shots with lenses less than half meter of his face (http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_DalajLama_Letalisce/01_DalajLamaLetalisce.html ). He was surprised and smiled… (lol).
      Ps... I am still working with "tons" of new panos documenting His hollines... and it is even not over as tomorrow is new etape...

      Good luck!

      Bostjan

    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 13 , May 16, 2012
        Sure I did. He is a great person and what I found today when I accompany him (from a distance ofcourse) also extremely good obsever and curious. If there wasn't that protocol I am sure he would like to know why I am holding my camera so hi and rotate it... or just my imagination, who knows... it would be great to have a limitless time and to talk with him... precious experience of observing our lives.

        ;) Bostjan

        Message 3 of 13 , May 16, 2012
          What a great opportunity, great work - it isn't always the technical perfection that makes it in photography - it is after all all about content. History has proven that time after time again.

          Thanks for sharing this - its excellent work

          Henrik

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 13 , May 16, 2012
            Probably his holyness is completely aware of what you are trying to achieve
            http://3d-top-event.info/i/ipad.php?e=196&size=700

            Message 5 of 13 , May 16, 2012
              Indeed,  most probably he was aware. It is interesting that it is ten years since I met him the first time and how the technology and resolution of panos changed: http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen/fullscreen31.html

              ;) Bostjan

              Message 6 of 13 , May 17, 2012
                Am 16.05.2012 23:02, schrieb jrgen_schrader:
                > Probably his holyness is completely aware of what you are trying to achieve
                > http://3d-top-event.info/i/ipad.php?e=196&size=700

                Not everyone has an ipad ;-) Here the normal link:
                http://3d-top-event.info/personen_74_Dalai_Lama.html

              • Willy Kaemena
                Message 7 of 13 , May 18, 2012
                  Erik

                  for me the iPad Link works without any problem on my computer.... as it should be ;-)

                  Willy

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 18, 2012
                    Am 18.05.2012 10:37, schrieb Willy Kaemena:
                    > for me the iPad Link works without any problem on my computer.... as it should be;-)

                    well, seems you're part of the lucky minuscule minority ;-)

                  • Hans
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 18, 2012
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

                      > Erik
                      >
                      > for me the iPad Link works without any problem on my computer.... as it should be ;-)

                      Willy it only works in Safari and it is autorotated with no admission to interact.

                      Both Firefox and Chrome are showing just single cube faces,Tested on last version of the browsers on iMac SnowLeopard.

                      Hans

                      > On May 18, 2012, at 8:59, Erik Krause wrote:
                      >
                      > > Am 16.05.2012 23:02, schrieb jrgen_schrader:
                      > >> Probably his holyness is completely aware of what you are trying to achieve
                      > >> http://3d-top-event.info/i/ipad.php?e=196&size=700
                      > >
                      > > Not everyone has an ipad ;-) Here the normal link:
                      > > http://3d-top-event.info/personen_74_Dalai_Lama.html
                      > >
                      > > --
                      > > Erik Krause
                      > > http://www.erik-krause.de
                      > >

                      > > ------------------------------------

                    • Willy Kaemena
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 18, 2012
                        15% of my visitors use that browser (Safari)... that is not minuscule....

                        25% use Chrome and they would get at least a good clue of the HTML panorama content

                        18% of Firefoxers and 38% of Micro Crap Internet Explorer are out of luck....

                        modern browsers should understand HTML5 nowadays ;-)

                        Willy

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 18, 2012
                          Am 18.05.2012 13:10, schrieb Willy Kaemena:
                          > 15% of my visitors use that browser (Safari)... that is not minuscule....

                          Less than 10% on my pages. And the majority of this 10% probably can't
                          interact with the panorama (see Hans' post) and the quality is bad
                          (visible cube face edges).

                          However, why link to a page that only 10% or 15% can see if there is a
                          page that is visible on all browsers?

                        • Bostjan Burger
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 18, 2012
                            I have received my iPad 3rd generation yesterday and tried to display my embedded html5 panoramas, like this one: http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_DalajLama_Tabor/vrp.html . The panorama doesn’t display on iPad (Safari) although it display on iPhone 4s (Safari and Atom). Not embedded panorama display ok on both devcice: http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2012_DalajLama_Tabor/08_DalajLama_Tabor.html. It might be my bad coding but I don’t understand why the difference between the iPad and iPhone…

                            :) Bostjan