Re: [PanoToolsNG] Nikon D800 test with 16mm and 10.5mm

  • mrjimbo
    Message 1 of 36 , May 9, 2012
      I honestly feel that with several lenses we have gone past the ability to resolve what it will produce.. I am actually surprised that I'm taking this posture but that's where I'm at.. In my earlier post I mentioned that I just got one a week ago.. So I've been shooting several lenses just to see what I get but all in the studio ....a controlled environment .. I'm honestly surprised.. and not in a positive way. At this point I'm seeing that it's not just the lens that's important but also what were shooting it off of.. On what I thought was a half way decent tripod with slower shutter speeds mirror slap is showing up.. or I think it is.. as when I bump up the shutter speed, shoot off something that I know is really solid or lock the mirror I get a different image as far as sharpness goes..
      At this point non of any of this is really surprising me.. I read all the hype just like the rest of us did and am still trying to work thru it. Anyway for this  guy I think we have to deal with more then just a lens choice.. I feel holding the camera still needs to come first.
      By the way.. Adorama just had a sale on the SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC cards for this thing.... the 16GB's were 44.95, 32GB were 77.95 and the 64 GB was 144.95.. I thought that was a pretty good deal from a reputable source.
      Message 36 of 36 , May 15, 2012