Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Photoshop CS5 Issue

  • Kyle Goodnight
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2012
      Hi Fernando,
      The pano was generated with 3dVista's Stitcher4 however I usually use PTGUI.  I have been using their software for some time and it works fine for what I am doing.  I am not an expert with Photoshop and do understand how to use layers.  I have been able to fix the issue thanks to your direction on using the layers to make the correction.  I just did not think about it being layered when I was using the healing brush...I will also look at using Erik's method as well in PTGUI...

      Thanks for the help...

      Kyle

      Saturday, May 05, 2012 11:35 AM

      Hi Erick,
      I've trimmed (too much) Kyle Goodnight's message. He was talking about a
      photoshop generated panorama issue.
      Best regards,
      Fernando

      On Sat, May 5, 2012 10:11 am, Erik Krause wrote:
      > Am 05.05.2012 14:11, schrieb Fernando Chaves:
      >> A Photoshop stitched pano shows up as a layered image.
      >
      > Not necessarily. It depends on the output settings in PTGui (which I
      > assume you use for stitching).
      >
      > If you are not yet familiar with layers perhaps it is better to output
      > as "Blended Panorama only" (or "Tone mapped panorama" only in case of
      > HDR) on PTGui Create Panorama tab. In both cases use the Settings button
      > in the File format line and choose "Layers: Flattened". This will create
      > a single layer document where the healing brush works as expected.
      >
      > In case of a multi layer document make sure you click the background
      > layer in the layers palette in photoshop before you do any editing.
      >
      > If you want to use layered output see
      > http://www.ptgui.com/examples/postprocessing/
      >
      > --
      > Erik Krause
      > http://www.erik-krause.de

      Saturday, May 05, 2012 10:11 AM

      Not necessarily. It depends on the output settings in PTGui (which I
      assume you use for stitching).

      If you are not yet familiar with layers perhaps it is better to output
      as "Blended Panorama only" (or "Tone mapped panorama" only in case of
      HDR) on PTGui Create Panorama tab. In both cases use the Settings button
      in the File format line and choose "Layers: Flattened". This will create
      a single layer document where the healing brush works as expected.

      In case of a multi layer document make sure you click the background
      layer in the layers palette in photoshop before you do any editing.

      If you want to use layered output see
      http://www.ptgui.com/examples/postprocessing/

      Friday, May 04, 2012 8:44 PM
      Fernando,
      Thanks for the thought...No, I did not ck the layers but I bet that is what is happening now thinking about it...You are probably right on...Thanks again...
      Kyle