Re: NN M1 precision

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1 11:34 AM
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Lesac <robert@...> wrote:
      > That's a very good stitch if you haven't done any adjustment.
      > Can you tell me how many photos did you take?

      No adjustment. I took 6 shots around at pitch 0° One zenith at +75° and two nadirs at -90° (one rotated by 180°). I also took a shifted viewpoint nadir shot, but that needed a few control points to align it with one of the two nadir shots. The viewpoint patched nadir version is at:

      http://www.johnhpanos.com/barf-no-cps-vp.htm

      (And before someone says that you can manage without the two nadir shots by tilting the horizonal row down by 10 or 15°, I do know that but prefer to have a smaller zenith hole to fill when there are clouds blowing across above, which are a headache to deal with).

      John
    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 10 , May 30 6:09 AM
        Raw precision is a chimera. When you reach 200pixel/mm on a sensor, every imperfection will lead to small misalignements.

        2012/4/27 Robert Lesac <robert@...>
        On 27.4.2012. 15:40, Hans wrote:
        > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Robert Lesac <robert@...> wrote:
        >  >
        >  > Hi,
        >  > let's try a new thread, last one got derailed a bit.
        >  > So you people with NN M1, how repeatable do you find the setup?
        >  > Good enough for template stitching?
        >  > Thanks!
        >
        > To do template stitching with PTGui you do not need a perfect rotator.
        > It can easy be done with any of the NodalNinja RD rotatorsor the
        > original old Manfrotto rotator or the 360precision Adjuste or any other
        > panohead with a decent rotator..
        >
        > Its all about learning how PTGui batchstitching works.

        I'm aware of it, but I'm interested in the raw precision.

        --

        Pano/VR/Gigapixel photography: http://robertlesac.com

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional