Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: FEISOL CM-1473 monopod with legs, any good?

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 30, 2012
      Nice!!
      Do you use the G3?! I own a GF2 and a EPL1 (Oly) and the Samyang 7.5 that is wonderful.
      I'm thinking hard, if I'm to give up all APSC Canon system and keep only fullframe and a mirrorless.
      I'm waiting for the GH3 to see what it takes, how it does compare with Nex7 etc. and then I'll make up my mind. I'm very interested about video performances too.

      2012/4/29 Hans <hans@...>

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

      > Hmmm, my own concern was about wobbling, for the small legs, and long
      > monopod.
      > @Jurgen,
      > keep in mind that is a long, sturdy monopod, and that it can be paired with
      > a 2nd monopod reversed on it (the way I did a lot of 3m high shots)
      > @Hans,
      > I also used a small, welldone chinese tripod with a long monopod inserted
      > as central column (it was the right diameter), just before we made the
      > Venice meeting. But I never mounted  it with the original column and the
      > rotator between the 2, coz it was decreasing stability.
      > Later I also completely reversed the scheme, using larger tripods, and
      > attatching the camera to the small edge of the monopod..
      > This increases stability and highness reachable. Though Agnos rotators and
      > Manfrotto 300n are sturdy enough, I always prefer to rotate the tripod
      > column and to have a straight connection between the tripod column and the
      > monopod. I think my way  is less confortable, but more simple and secure.
      > Did you upgraded that setup after the gondola shot? what directions took?
      > @all,

      I done several versions.

      Here is my latest. A superlight travelset. Just got it and have not used it  much yet.
      Long winter. Tomorrow spring is here they say so maybe.
      You need to be a little patient though if you need to shoot log exposures,
      http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/tripod/cullmann+giotto.jpg

      Hans

      > I used Feisol once. My impression was very good. I have many Manfrottos,
      > one Gitzo, a Giottos, and 2 Berlebach, that are the ones that I'm mostly
      > attatched to.
      >
      > --
      > Luca Vascon.
      >
      > www.nuovostudio.it
      > www.officinepanottiche.com

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Luca Vascon.

      www.nuovostudio.it
      www.officinepanottiche.com

    • Wim
      Message 2 of 17 , May 2, 2012
        Is this an idea ? very sturdy and easy to handle.
        (Feisol tripod + Fanotec pole + pole rotator + tripod adapter)

        http://tinyurl.com/7n3qddl
        (3 images)

        Wim

        Message 3 of 17 , May 5, 2012