Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Camera Raw now with auto CA correction

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2012
      Silly question, but could that data also be used to *apply* these lens flaws to a clean photo?
      That could be really useful for compositing.

      On Apr 29, 2012, at 2:09 AM, Richard wrote:

      So spending a whole day last weekend to calibrate all of my cameras and lenses with Adobe Lens Profile Creator may not have been worth the effort?
      Still, I have good geometric distortion correction and vignetting information which I don't think Adobe could auto calculate for one-off photos.

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 29, 2012
        Am 29.04.2012 11:26, schrieb Christian Bloch:

        > Silly question, but could that data also be used to *apply* these lens
        > flaws to a clean photo?
        > That could be really useful for compositing.

        What do you want to apply? Certainly not CA and lens distortion.
        Vignetting can be easily applied but of course there are a lot of
        plugins that do exactly that.

        CA can be applied with any program that has manual CA correction,
        including PTLens or any panotools GUI (hugin, PTGui, etc) if you
        separate the channels into single images.

        Lens distortion can be applied with panotools GUI's as well. Simply
        enter the abc parameters manually...

      • Christian Bloch
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 29, 2012
          Ah yeah - good point. I guess I would just invert all the measured values and enter them manually.
          Have to try that.

          Thanks,
          Blochi

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 29, 2012
            Am 29.04.2012 20:33, schrieb Christian Bloch:
            > I guess I would just invert all the measured values and enter them manually.
            > Have to try that.

            For the abc parameters that won't probably work. You can get a feeling
            what they do if you download abc.xls from http://www.4pi.org/downloads/
            and play with the sliders.