Re: Gopro3d stabilization with PTGui

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28 7:47 PM
      Here for comparison is the original video from one of the cameras (the L one as it happens)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l2f0uvEhV8

      .. before they have been levelled, aligned to each other (parallelized so minimized vertical disparities for stereo viewing), stabilized and perspective transformed to Vedutismo (via intermediate equi steps) - with PTGui

      PeterM

      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-8UsEKQZnU
      >
      > (looks better if you up the resolution on playback and choose B/W in the 3d options and choose fullscreen)
      >
      > this is a frenzied crowd scene (gambling on Anzac Day) shot handheld over my head with a Gopro3d rig. Because I was in one spot I could use the masked area of the building in the background to stabilize the shot with PTGui (and simultaneously align L and R views and level and convert to Vedutismo). If I was moving through the crowd this wouldnt work and I would have to use other stabisation software like Deshaker for Virtualdub. One advantage of fisheye lenses for post-stabilising is that the wide view often gives you unobstructed static areas in all the shots (eg. the tops of buildings -- which can be used for efficient tracking by PTGui etc)
      >
      > Actually when I got there I realised this would be a good scene for a regular panorama -- I will have to make one if I can next year
      >
      > PeterM

    • enridp
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29 1:03 PM
        Your are the man on 3D Peter ! It looks really good, I think you should have a blog and write some tutorials ^_^

        Regards !
        Enrique.